• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Game started good but has gone south since then.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

0-3, woohoo

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

Same old lions.. Posted Image

Edited by R-Dizzle, 27 September 2010 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#44 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

I'm already dreaming about this guy wearing Honolulu blue
Posted Image

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Another game, another loss. Book it.

#46 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

closer than you thought it would be, wasn't it? lol

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#47 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

So close and yet so far. There are people on this site who were not yet born the last time we won at GB.

We're not mathematically eliminated yet!

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

Next year!!!!

#49 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Once again, if we could stay out of our own, we might have won this. Hell, had Shaun Hill just ran 3 yards for the touchdown we'd have had the lead in the last minutes...

We've had a tough schedule, and it doesn't get much better. But I do think this team is clearly better.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#50 RedOrDead

RedOrDead

The Scorpion

• 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Next year!!!!

NOPE

#51 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

It's not like we were going to make the playoffs anyways, but being 1 possession from winning 3 of our last 4 games? Against 3 playoff teams and the resurging Bears? Without our starting QB? Hell, if Hill would've finished those last two drives against Minnesota we could've won that game too. This team is definitely good, but still hasn't figured out a way to put together a win. They remind me of Dallas in terms of trying to figure out how to win a playoff game; the talent is there, but other teams just seem to "get it" and they don't, although they finally got a win last season. All the talent is there for the Lions, just have to solve the puzzle before they can start consistently putting a string of wins together...baby steps.

I look to this Sunday to grab our first win and finally shut those idiot Rams fans up from all the bulls*** I've been reading about their team from other forums. The line is Lions -3 and I guarantee we cover that and then some.

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

NOPE

Of course not. There's never a good next year with the Lions.

#53 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hey, we're gonna win today. I can feel it. Up 10-3 right now.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#54 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey, we're gonna win today. I can feel it. Up 10-3 right now.

Yes, this is usually the part where nothing bad happens and the Lions cruise to another well-deserved W.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#55 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yes, this is usually the part where nothing bad happens and the Lions cruise to another well-deserved W.

What do I have to lose? The Lions disappoint me again? Hardly an emotion I'm not used to handling.

Killing them 31-6 right now. More of this.

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hey, a win is looming. I remember what that feeling is like.

#57 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

What do I have to lose? The Lions disappoint me again? Hardly an emotion I'm not used to handling.

Killing them 31-6 right now. More of this.

I feel my cynicism melting away. The Lions are going to win a football game; perhaps all is not lost. Perhaps there is love, there is beauty, there is truth and justice in this world. Now I see life in a whole new way; I have been re-born.

:P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

That's all it took? :rolleyes:

#59 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

That's all it took? :rolleyes:

When the Lions are dominating, suddenly all that seemed impossible becomes possible.

We could be on the verge of our third win right now had a few things gone our way. WE'RE NOT THAT BAD! WE'RE NOT THAT BAD!

#60 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

44-6 win. Not bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users