• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

This was a great pick imo. The defensive front has the potential to be top 5 in the NFL and takes some of the pressure off Suh with double or triple teams. The kid was already wearing silver and blue!! And awesome Wild Thing Vaughn rims :thumbup:

Frankly, if it's not far and away the best defensive line in the NFL, then something's wrong. If Fairley pans out, a front line of Vanden Bosch, Fairley, Corey Williams, and Avril, with some pretty damn decent backups in McBride, Fluellen, and Hill, that would be a top-five line in the league. Then you add the best DT in the league right now in Suh, who is that once-in-a-generation talent along the lines of a Reggie White? Best line in the league, bar none. If the line's not hampered by injury and Fairley pans out as he should.

I am not sure about the Lions last two picks but Fairley, Young and Leshoure should add a lot to the team if they pan out like we fans hope. Pretty amazing to see the Lions becoming a very solid team after firing one of the worst General Managers in all of pro sports in Millen. Only bad part is Stafford looks like he is going to be plagued by injuries too much so they may need to pick up a new Quarterback in next years draft.

not at all. Top priority is CB and LB. They will get a linemen if they see a good deal, but they are not actively looking to add one. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel for CB and LB. We have one starting LB right now and a couple throw-aways at CB, so that is what the Lions are going to aggressively try to upgrade.

Lions sign former Jaguars LB Justin Durant and ex-Chicago Bear WR Rashied Davis. The Bears were apparently in the market for Durant - so it's good to get him away from them, right? Davis is expected to compete for the 4th WR spot.

Lions sign former Jaguars LB Justin Durant and ex-Chicago Bear WR Rashied Davis. The Bears were apparently in the market for Durant - so it's good to get him away from them, right? Davis is expected to compete for the 4th WR spot.

Durant is a good signing if they get Tulloch... If they don't the team is no better than it was.

Davis was a stupid signing, and if that money keeps them from getting better I am going to be mad. But I doubt he will be on the team.

I am so pissed that they Missed out on J. Joseph. Houston paid him a ton, but I was thinking they would have gotten him and the best two LB in FA and might have actually won the division. Now if we get Tulloch we will have the best front seven and the worst back four in the league. At least that is better than the other way around.

I think they are set in nearly every other position... which is a shame because there are some people I would love to see get brought in. Number one on that list of people we don't need but would love to have is Todd Heap.

I guess the Lions just signed Eric Wright DB

Hardly a victory...

I guess he was brought up on rape allegations and charges for possession of the drug Ecstay. Hooray.

Nick Barnett is out there now... sounds like the Lions are pretty hot on him!

http://www.thedetroitsportssite.com/2011/07/30/nick-barnett-released-climbs-to-top-of-detroit-lions-wish-list/4834

Yeah, but he isn't as good as Tulloch, and he is four years older with about three good years left in him.

I would much rather have the guy who is a perfect fit and has the second most tackles over the last two years in the league.

******* lions.

I'd much rather have Tulloch, because it is the only way we make a big window for us to win. we get about 6 years with Tulloch, three with Barnett. Saving money isn't worth getting our defense up to top ten caliber.

And we signed Tulloch to a one year deal. Me likey.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6820696/detroit-lions-sign-linebacker-stephen-tulloch-one-year-deal

eh. I am a Bears fan since i was raised in Illinois, but i like an underdog.

Not to sound biased: Every time Stafford has played the Bears he's gotten injured. First year = Knee. Second year = shoulder.

picking up 'shied Davis was good for you. Special teams dynamite and an ok WR. Aside from Tulloch, who's on the LB Corps? and the backfield would be dynamite if Vasher wakes up from his Superbowl loss coma and if Houston returns to the form he had in College at Arkansas.

On the offensive side: No real standouts on the line, could be an issue. Stafford again to try and not get injured. Best to run the ball, but who's there to back him up? Plus, the offensive coordination in DET looks like a shambles some games.

I'm certain the lions will finish ahead of the Vikings. Packers are tough, bears are tough.

So much for the NFC North being the league doormat

eh. I am a Bears fan since i was raised in Illinois, but i like an underdog.

Not to sound biased: Every time Stafford has played the Bears he's gotten injured. First year = Knee. Second year = shoulder.

picking up 'shied Davis was good for you. Special teams dynamite and an ok WR. Aside from Tulloch, who's on the LB Corps? and the backfield would be dynamite if Vasher wakes up from his Superbowl loss coma and if Houston returns to the form he had in College at Arkansas.

On the offensive side: No real standouts on the line, could be an issue. Stafford again to try and not get injured. Best to run the ball, but who's there to back him up? Plus, the offensive coordination in DET looks like a shambles some games.

I'm certain the lions will finish ahead of the Vikings. Packers are tough, bears are tough.

So much for the NFC North being the league doormat

I think the Bears are pretty awful and shouldn't have even been in the playoffs, and they have gotten worse this offseason. The Pack is clearly the best, and the Vikings are falling apart fast.

Lions have a shot at a Wildcard though.

Wright - Delmas - Spievey - Houston

Levy - Tulloch - Durant

KVB - Williams - Suh - Avril

Front 7 looks set. Front 4 has great depth with SLH, Fairley, Jackson, etc., and should be top 5 level again this season. We should also hopefully crack the top 10 in run defense after rounding out the LB corps and having Tulloch.

Passing D will be our weakness again, but it should be improved from last year. Let's just hope teams don't make a fool of Tulloch too much on coverage. I like the Wright signing though; looks to be another reclamation project like Houston was. He was a good player until he fell off the map last season after being destroyed by Anquan Boldin. The kid has talent, but he'll get exposed without a good D-line which the Browns didn't have, so he should fit in fine here and play solid. I was a little irritated we missed out on Joseph, but hey, you can't grab them all. We did really good this offseason.

I feel good about the season. I really believe Stafford can win the division for the Lions, but even if he's injured and the depth and talent we finally have on our team, 8-8/9-7 wildcard is a good estimation, considering the losses Chicago and Minnesota took in the offseason.

With Stafford for all 16 games, I really believe they can go 11-5/12-4.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Minnesota will finish last in the division. McScabb is washed up and done.

The losses the bears took? Kreutz, yes, Olsen, by a reported account wanted out of chicago anyway (he doesn't block well) Rashied Davis, mainly a special teamer, and we have a number of those. Chester Taylor, still not known if we're resigning him or not, last word was we were letting him go (would compliment Best in Detroit just fine though). I am personally shaky about the idea that Roy Williams is going to be a #1 or #2 receiver for us. The same idiot who guaranteed a lions win over the bears in 2006, and turned out 34-7 Bears.

Priority for the Lions is keeping Stafford upright. can't let him get injured. Offensive line for the Lions has been beaten before, need to solid up there.

and I hate the Packers.

My buddy is pretty psyched about being able to go to a Detroit Lions Monday Night Football game. When was that last time you ever heard "Detroit Lions" and "Monday Night Football" in the same sentence?

I cannot wait for that night. I cannot wait to be extremely pumped for a Lions game. I haven't had a feeling of expectation before a Lions game since I was a kid. And even if these Lions end up completely f'ing that up everytime just like the old Lions, I'm happy just to have that feeling again.

Seriously pumped for an NFL season...wow. GO LIONS!

My buddy is pretty psyched about being able to go to a Detroit Lions Monday Night Football game. When was that last time you ever heard "Detroit Lions" and "Monday Night Football" in the same sentence?

That would have been last year when the Vikings had to borrow Ford Field because the Rollerdome deflated.

Before that.....when was the last time the Lions played outdoors at home?