Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Via @RealKyper, @NHLSourcesSay, & @FriedmanHNIC

Friedman:

Source: Kovalchuk deal accepted w/new agreement between NHL and NHLPA

Edit:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332542

@EJHradek_ESPN

RT @SuomiStewart: what does this mean for hossa, luongo, etc. - According to sources, those deals also will be approved as part of the deal

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Cant wait to see the happens to Hossa and Luongo now

First in a epic thread woot

Hossa, Luongo, Savard, etc. are cleared along with Kovalchuk's deal - as per the new agreement. It will be the last of its kind, though, and all future contracts will no doubt be further scrutinized and perhaps denied.

Guest CaliWingsNut

via Darren Dreger

Kovy's 15yr 100million contract will be approved as is. Others will remain unchanged.

"Will be last of it's kind"

Kyper saying players will no longer be able to use ages 41 and over to circumvent cap.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I don't agree with a 41+ rule. The league is getting less physical and advances in medical and sports therapy means players will be more effective at older ages. I seriously hope this is a band aid rule, that only lasts till the next NHLPA / NHL contract.

Edit: maybe I should also clarify I don't agree with circumventing the cap to begin with?

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut

@darrendreger

5 years now defines a long-term contract.

35 yr old player signs 7 yr deal, the first 5 yrs of determine aav. Cap hit in year 6 + 7 would be actual value of his deal in those yrs.

players 36-40, amount used for aav is a minimum $1 million. (even if actual salary is less).

New rules only apply to contracts negotiated and filed after today's date. They do not retroactively apply to existing contracts.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut

So glad this is over.

I'm not... there's still several weeks to go before pucks start dropping and nothing else in the news.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Kyper saying players will no longer be able to use ages 41 and over to circumvent cap.

I'm always on the side of the players in CBA's, but I think this is fair.

However I think the wording in this statement should say, Kyper saying owners and general managers will no longer be able to use ages 41 and over to circumvent cap.

It wasn't the players who are doing this, it's the owners and general managers. But the NHL, Bettman, and Daly, are gutless and blame the players.

Edited by Barrie

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm always on the side of the players in CBA's, but I think this is fair.

However I think the wording in this statement should say, Kyper saying owners and general managers will no longer be able to use ages 41 and over to circumvent cap.

It wasn't the players who are doing this, it's the owners and general managers. But the NHL, Bettman, and Daly, are gutless and blame the players.

Yes it works in the general manager's and owner's favor, but the players circumventing the cap are the ones getting larger salaries. Don't just blame the management.