• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Quebec City getting new arena

Rate this topic

Sorry but I don't agree with that, three lockouts failed expansions and focusing on non fans instead of fans, games in Europe, destroying the ASG and now WC. Donald Fehr is great at his job just look at the MLB salary cap and the league isn't playing oversees.

MLB started the season in Australia

Actually they are I believe. I thought they played in Japan and/or Australia. There also ISNT A SALARAY CAP IN BASEBALL LOL.

And every sport has labor disputes. In other sports owners make more then 50% of the profit so why is it in hockey I was a 50/50 split are close to. It should be like 70/30 IMO. In favor of owners. They're the ones putting the money into and making a risk. The players have it just fine. They're equally if not more responsible for each lockout then what the owners(Bettman) is.

I still say Wisconsin baby! "Ladies and Gentlemen your Wisconsin CHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Still don't understand why they aren't in Milwaukee

Canadians, correct me if I'm wrong, but (despite my lack of knowledge on Canadian politics) I've always understood that Canada has stronger unions than the U.S... Is it this reason, along with the fact that the NHL has more Canadian teams and Canadian influence than any other sport, that the NHL has more labor disputes? Or at least one of the reasons?

Canadians, correct me if I'm wrong, but (despite my lack of knowledge on Canadian politics) I've always understood that Canada has stronger unions than the U.S... Is it this reason, along with the fact that the NHL has more Canadian teams and Canadian influence than any other sport, that the NHL has more labor disputes? Or at least one of the reasons?

The NHL has labor disputes for one simple reason: because the BOG always expects by players to give, give give but at the same time locate into non hockey markets where a fanbase needs to be build from the groundup if you then add in owners who are crying poor...a receipe for disaster is born. In terms of labor rights the US could learn a thing or two from other nations for sure.

Actually they are I believe. I thought they played in Japan and/or Australia. There also ISNT A SALARAY CAP IN BASEBALL LOL.

And every sport has labor disputes. In other sports owners make more then 50% of the profit so why is it in hockey I was a 50/50 split are close to. It should be like 70/30 IMO. In favor of owners. They're the ones putting the money into and making a risk. The players have it just fine. They're equally if not more responsible for each lockout then what the owners(Bettman) is.

Caps lock doesn't change the fact that there is one, it's just different and way better you can get over the cap by a large margin, the money will just go to some struggling franchises which is a great compromise for both sides and that's why nobody complains about it. As for 70/30 hope that was sarcasm...

Anyway Quebec has been waiting for so long to get a team, their fanbase is ready instant rivalry with the Canadiens and a potential owner loaded with tons of cash, to me thats a no brainer.

The NHL has labor disputes for one simple reason: because the BOG always expects by players to give, give give but at the same time locate into non hockey markets where a fanbase needs to be build from the groundup if you then add in owners who are crying poor...a receipe for disaster is born. In terms of labor rights the US could learn a thing or two from other nations for sure.

Caps lock doesn't change the fact that there is one, it's just different and way better you can get over the cap by a large margin, the money will just go to some struggling franchises which is a great compromise for both sides and that's why nobody complains about it. As for 70/30 hope that was sarcasm...

Anyway Quebec has been waiting for so long to get a team, their fanbase is ready instant rivalry with the Canadiens and a potential owner loaded with tons of cash, to me thats a no brainer.

But surely what I talked about can't have nothing to do with it. I remember Laraque coming out after his retirement and talking about how many NHLers are juicing. I always assumed (again correct me if I'm wrong) that there was some stronger union at play that was protecting its players better than say the MLB does.

But surely what I talked about can't have nothing to do with it. I remember Laraque coming out after his retirement and talking about how many NHLers are juicing. I always assumed (again correct me if I'm wrong) that there was some stronger union at play that was protecting its players better than say the MLB does.

Well I don't know about that, but given the last dispute between them and the NHL I thought Fehr did a damn good job representing his players. When it comes down to labor rights things can always be improved but at the end of day a lot of sports are getting there although slowly.

Sorry but I don't agree with that, three lockouts failed expansions and focusing on non fans instead of fans, games in Europe, destroying the ASG and now WC. Donald Fehr is great at his job just look at the MLB salary cap and the league isn't playing oversees.

I agree with the whole teams in non-hockey markets. It's crap and a waste of time and money. But there are plenty of fans over here in europe……...

And MLB doesn't have a cap, they have a luxury tax, which is the most ineffective thing I've ever seen. Still allows for salaries to drive further and further north. It's crazy.

I agree with the whole teams in non-hockey markets. It's crap and a waste of time and money. But there are plenty of fans over here in europe……...

And MLB doesn't have a cap, they have a luxury tax, which is the most ineffective thing I've ever seen. Still allows for salaries to drive further and further north. It's crazy.

Oh OK my bad then but I love that system its the perfect bridge between a cap and open spending

Under the current conditions we are going to see a team in Uganda before Canada is getting another one..

Edited by frankgrimes