Photo
- - - - -

I've Never Wached Game 7 of the 2009 SCF...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

I actually can't watch any game from that series, even the ones we won, because I know how it all ends. I hate knowing it was all in vain.

No way.

The 5-0 dismantling in game 5 will always be amazing. The WHOLE crowd singing and chanting like they were at a soccer game.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

I was at game 5. It was a really good memory. But alas, it was tarnished by game 7.

The worst part for me was that I was back at school for game 7 and one of my good friends is a Pens fan and I made the mistake of watching the game with him and another Detroit fan. After Lidstrom's last shot, I collapsed on the couch in a haze. My Detroit buddy turns off the tv, and my Pens fan friend is yelling to get the feed back on. It was a complete mess of emotions. I eventually made my friend turn it back on for him because I would be devastated if I couldn't see my team win. But that was one of the hardest things to do.

Edit: and I can't believe how many people didn't watch the game. Game seven, SCF finals at home?? I would have the game on even if my child was being born in the same room.

Edited by The Nephilim, 06 September 2010 - 02:30 PM.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#23 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hmm I watch it first thing every morning. ;)

#24 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

What hurts about the loss isn't the loss, its how it happened. The Wings were clearly the more talented team, even Pens fans will admit to that, but we had tons of injuries, the instigator/suspension with Malkin thing, the 6 guys on the ice thing, Talbot slashing Datsyuk's broken foot, the Crosby taking cheap shots at Z, pretty much the whole Pens team gooning it up in Game 5, Talbot is their "hero" in Game 7. If the Pens had played a clean series and won because they were a better team or a more talented team, it would be easier. But losing to a team that acts like a bunch of dbags and watching Captain WhinyFace lift the Cup in the Joe, is what stings.

#25 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

You're not wrong.

To this day, I've never seen the handshake line, or the cup raise from that game.

Call it sour grapes, whatever.

Me too. I still turn the channel, or turn away from the TV, when they show Cindy with the Cup.

I would expect Pens fans to do the same thing when they show Lidstrom raising the Cup on TV.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#26 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

You're not wrong.

To this day, I've never seen the handshake line, or the cup raise from that game.

Call it sour grapes, whatever.

Same here. Saw Lidstrom's shot and when it didn't go in, the TV came off. I couldn't bear seeing the Cup raise or the handshake line.
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#27 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

i was there, even worse

I would have thrown up...like everywhere.

"What hurts the most, was being so close. And having that Cup to raise, and watch it get thrown away. And always knowing, what would have been. And just scoring those final two, is what they were trying to do."
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#28 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Probably the one time I will ever be completely disappointed in the Detroit Red Wings.

They pissed away the Stanley Cup.

Posted Image

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

I prefer to just keep it out of my head. I'm as over it as I can be but just being the kind of Wings Fan that I am I'll never fully get over it. I saw the whole thing becasue I felt that if I was at home and watching the game I should at least respect the Pens enough to watch their moment of glory I didn't want to be a sore loser. All the talk that led up to the series and that game I just don't even want to go back to it becasue it will bring back emotions that I'm trying to stay a way from. I'm just glad to see the Pens didn't go back to back Champs.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

I sadly watched the whole thing.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 jenova0

jenova0

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

I actually stopped watching the game after Talbot made it 2-0. I knew it was over at that point. Unfortunately, I was right. To this day, I still have not watched the end of the 2nd, and the entire 3rd period. I have seen clips of FLeury's save on Lidstrom though. One of the worst feelings I have ever had. Glad I'm not alone.
"You either get it, or you don't" - Dr. Phil

#32 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

Jesus Christ. Why did you start this thread? And why the hell did I read it.

Bad memories. Just plain bad.

Now I'm all pissed off...
Do or do not. There is no try

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for reminding me of this game... <_<

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

If only Kronwall didn't hit that crossbar... :(
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Jesus Christ. Why did you start this thread? And why the hell did I read it.

Bad memories. Just plain bad.

Now I'm all pissed off...

Threads like this and remembering that Game 7 will just make the next championship feel that much better.

#36 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

I sadly watched the whole thing.

Yupp. And was cursing my head off the whole time.

#NOMOREKINDL

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:17 PM

Yupp. And was cursing my head off the whole time.

I saved that for under my breath after the game was over. I stood in silent hope for the final minute of play, and yelled when Nick was wide open and took the final shot. When Fleury stopped it, I simply sat back down, almost in a daze knowing my absolute worst sports fear had been realized - someone was about to skate the Stanley Cup on Joe Louis Arena ice and it wasn't the Red Wings.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

I tried to forget as much as I could about that night, but the one thing that I still remember is how fast the third period went by. I can't recall ever watching such a quick period. Obviously the Wings being down 2-0 and then 2-1 played a role, but it all just came crashing down abruptly.

I want to see the Penguins next June. It's the only way to make things right.

Edited by GoWings1905, 06 September 2010 - 09:49 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

If only Kronwall didn't hit that crossbar... :(

...bastard.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#40 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

I never saw game 7 and still have not bothered to even watch it nor will I ever for that matter. I just the other day sat down and watched the 95 finals on NHL Classic Series on the NHL Network and that was already painful enough, but I was young when that happened so it felt nice to see just what happened now that I have played enough for the last number of years.
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!