• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

#DanEllisProblems

Rate this topic

I get where people are coming from, and he would've done well to just avoid the matter, but I think the point he made about how problems exist up and down the earnings spectrum that all share similarities despite perhaps drastically different numbers. The thing you have to remember about these guys is that many if not most are making the money they'll use for the rest of their lives now. Many of them have a very narrow window of opportunity to make good money before they move on to making perhaps very, very little money. Many assume that people in the entertainment industry seemingly making the big bucks are automatically rich, but I think many would be surprised at how far from the truth that is.

Again, I'm not saying he wouldn't have done well to avoid the topic, but I get where he's coming from and I don't hold it against him.

He's been trying to explain himself on twitter all morning, but all he's doing is digging a deeper hole from himself. He just needs to apologize and shut up. Wonder if Stevie will chew him out for this one.

Why does he need to apologize? And why would Stevie or any GM chew him out? I don't get all the attention this guy is getting hes just being another whinny ******, there is plenty of them to go around.

Why does he need to apologize? And why would Stevie or any GM chew him out? I don't get all the attention this guy is getting hes just being another whinny ******, there is plenty of them to go around.

I personally don't care if he apologizes, but if he wants to save some face PR wise its probably the best move. As it is, this is probably going to all go away by tomorrow anyway.

I guess all he did was damage his own rep, but I can imagine the TB organization wanting their players to keep a certain level of dignity and professionalism when it comes to interacting with the public. If I said some off the wall crap on twitter as a representation of my company, I sure as hell would get chewed out for it.

Twitter... gotta love it.

Guest CaliWingsNut

@33dellis

@wyshynski glad to provide u with a story. Sad u have to raid twitter just to come up with an idea.

Guess money wasn't enough, now he's gotta start attacking bloggers for doing their job.

Guest Crymson

He plays for Tampa now.

Florida has no state taxes, so he'll be making a bit more than it seems. Because of how Florida's taxes are structured, LeBron really didn't give up that much money by choosing to play in Miami.

Nobody seemed to notice that shortly before posting that he said "Kind of bored today...what can I stir the pot about today".

The guy was looking for a reaction, and he got it. It was a stupid thing to say, but this is getting blown out of proportion.

Enough money is in proportion to your bills. I used to make $2.95 an hour. My rent back then was $85 a month.

Ellis has to buy a new house and probably a new mask. These things don't come cheaply. He also has to invest for his and his family's future. Not everyone can play until they are over 40. If you had to make do with what you had made by the time you were 40, you'd need some cash up front.

It's all relative. I used to live on one job. Not any more. Maybe some day, but not now if I want to have my ducks in a row when I retire or die.

I suppose he could open a used car dealership or something, but that seems like a lot of work.

I get where he's coming from. There's an old adage that if you ask someone how much money they need, the answer is always "more".

Guest CaliWingsNut

Enough money is in proportion to your bills. I used to make $2.95 an hour. My rent back then was $85 a month.

Ellis has to buy a new house and probably a new mask. These things don't come cheaply. He also has to invest for his and his family's future. Not everyone can play until they are over 40. If you had to make do with what you had made by the time you were 40, you'd need some cash up front.

It's all relative. I used to live on one job. Not any more. Maybe some day, but not now if I want to have my ducks in a row when I retire or die.

I suppose he could open a used car dealership or something, but that seems like a lot of work.

I get where he's coming from. There's an old adage that if you ask someone how much money they need, the answer is always "more".

Maybe he shouldn't buy things like this or this then...

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Well, there goes any chance of me rooting for Tampa on the side. Sorry to see that Stevie signed such an ungrateful ******.

In other news, I'm now feeling very inadequate about my $40,000 a year salary :(

Well, there goes any chance of me rooting for Tampa on the side. Sorry to see that Stevie signed such an ungrateful ******.

In other news, I'm now feeling very inadequate about my $40,000 a year salary :(

Don't feel inadequate because you don't make as much as someone with a very rare skill/talent.

You make more than I do at both my jobs combined.

It's not about how much you make; it's about how much you spend on booze.

Wow. That did not come out like a wise fortune cookie-type saying.

Humorous article on Intent To Blow: http://intenttoblow.com/?p=1019

I'm glad everyone's laughing at the whole thing now. I don't think he's a bad guy, he just doesn't know the power of millions of people on twitter. Reminds of of those ad council billboards on I-75 while driving through Flint: Once you post it on the internet, you can never delete it.