• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Love the 2nd most famous former Preds goalie in Florida part.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

My favorite is the person that just said "Pekka Rinne"

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

He're what Jeff Finger posted on his twitter account a few years ago. Can't believe no one besides me noticed it.

"LOL! I can't believe those morons are gonna pay me $3.5 million per year"
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

He's been trying to explain himself on twitter all morning, but all he's doing is digging a deeper hole from himself. He just needs to apologize and shut up. Wonder if Stevie will chew him out for this one.

#25 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

@BizNasty2point0

Lol I can't complain about 18% escrow. I played in the echl watching guys get paychecks for 300 a week.

Gotta love that biznasty spent last night talking about bouncing @ strip clubs and pooping his pants on a bicycle paper route.... and Dan Ellis gets all the attention.

@33dellis

How does asking if you would take a pay cut...saying $ doesn't make u happy/much easier...stir things up this much?
I understand $ is a sensitive topic but I was not boasting or undermining anyones lack of $
The amount of $ cash has very different problems associated with each amt. No better no worse but different
If you r getting overly jazzed up about my meaningless tweets maybe unfollow or therapy is just what the Dr ordered?

If tweeting doesn't matter, why bother? If more cash doesn't make you more happy, why do you care about a 18% reduction?

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 07 September 2010 - 12:19 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#26 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

-

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 07 September 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#27 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

I get where people are coming from, and he would've done well to just avoid the matter, but I think the point he made about how problems exist up and down the earnings spectrum that all share similarities despite perhaps drastically different numbers. The thing you have to remember about these guys is that many if not most are making the money they'll use for the rest of their lives now. Many of them have a very narrow window of opportunity to make good money before they move on to making perhaps very, very little money. Many assume that people in the entertainment industry seemingly making the big bucks are automatically rich, but I think many would be surprised at how far from the truth that is.

Again, I'm not saying he wouldn't have done well to avoid the topic, but I get where he's coming from and I don't hold it against him.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#28 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

He's been trying to explain himself on twitter all morning, but all he's doing is digging a deeper hole from himself. He just needs to apologize and shut up. Wonder if Stevie will chew him out for this one.

Why does he need to apologize? And why would Stevie or any GM chew him out? I don't get all the attention this guy is getting hes just being another whinny ******, there is plenty of them to go around.

#29 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

Why does he need to apologize? And why would Stevie or any GM chew him out? I don't get all the attention this guy is getting hes just being another whinny ******, there is plenty of them to go around.

I personally don't care if he apologizes, but if he wants to save some face PR wise its probably the best move. As it is, this is probably going to all go away by tomorrow anyway.

I guess all he did was damage his own rep, but I can imagine the TB organization wanting their players to keep a certain level of dignity and professionalism when it comes to interacting with the public. If I said some off the wall crap on twitter as a representation of my company, I sure as hell would get chewed out for it.

Twitter... gotta love it.

#30 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

@33dellis

@wyshynski glad to provide u with a story. Sad u have to raid twitter just to come up with an idea.

Guess money wasn't enough, now he's gotta start attacking bloggers for doing their job.

#31 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

It official, Ellis is a certified douchey McDouchester.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

@33dellis

Guess money wasn't enough, now he's gotta start attacking bloggers for doing their job.

In fairness to Ellis, Wyshynski didn't get an 18% paycut

#33 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,603 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

Kind of scary how much trouble 140 characters can create! Wow!

Tweet, Twit,...

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#34 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Someone already edited his Wiki bio:

"In September 2010 Ellis went all crybaby (on Twitter) about how much money he makes as a professional athlete. Given the climate of the 2010 recession no one is impressed."

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

He plays for Tampa now.

Florida has no state taxes, so he'll be making a bit more than it seems. Because of how Florida's taxes are structured, LeBron really didn't give up that much money by choosing to play in Miami.

#36 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

Nobody seemed to notice that shortly before posting that he said "Kind of bored today...what can I stir the pot about today".

The guy was looking for a reaction, and he got it. It was a stupid thing to say, but this is getting blown out of proportion.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,868 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Enough money is in proportion to your bills. I used to make $2.95 an hour. My rent back then was $85 a month.

Ellis has to buy a new house and probably a new mask. These things don't come cheaply. He also has to invest for his and his family's future. Not everyone can play until they are over 40. If you had to make do with what you had made by the time you were 40, you'd need some cash up front.

It's all relative. I used to live on one job. Not any more. Maybe some day, but not now if I want to have my ducks in a row when I retire or die.

I suppose he could open a used car dealership or something, but that seems like a lot of work.

I get where he's coming from. There's an old adage that if you ask someone how much money they need, the answer is always "more".

#38 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

Enough money is in proportion to your bills. I used to make $2.95 an hour. My rent back then was $85 a month.

Ellis has to buy a new house and probably a new mask. These things don't come cheaply. He also has to invest for his and his family's future. Not everyone can play until they are over 40. If you had to make do with what you had made by the time you were 40, you'd need some cash up front.

It's all relative. I used to live on one job. Not any more. Maybe some day, but not now if I want to have my ducks in a row when I retire or die.

I suppose he could open a used car dealership or something, but that seems like a lot of work.

I get where he's coming from. There's an old adage that if you ask someone how much money they need, the answer is always "more".

Maybe he shouldn't buy things like this or this then...

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 07 September 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#39 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hahahaha...

@NHLShanny

Hey @33dellis, I just had a coffee, while driving to a rink. Now I'm watching tv. P.s Smooth subject change. Stay golden Pony Boy.

#40 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

I absolutely love the fact that whenever a goalie does something stupid and is reported on LGW, somewhere before the 7th response will be a youtube video of "Lidstrom Scores From Center Ice!"