• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

So I just got my copy of NHL 11 today, and I've gotta say I'm pretty annoyed. I'm glad they've included the CHL and made some tweaks to the game, but there are some roster players missing. So far Ruslan Salei and Mike Modano are nowhere to be found in the NHL. I used the Salei from the Belarus international team, but I can't seem to find Modano anywhere.

This is really frustrating to me, as I feel like I just spent $80 for a half-assed game. If it's an oversight on my part, I'm ok with it, but I don't think it's right that I'll need to use their roster update to include a 40 year-old veteran. Anyway, if any other gamers on here could chime in and give me some help it'd be appreciated.

#2 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

So I just got my copy of NHL 11 today, and I've gotta say I'm pretty annoyed. I'm glad they've included the CHL and made some tweaks to the game, but there are some roster players missing. So far Ruslan Salei and Mike Modano are nowhere to be found in the NHL. I used the Salei from the Belarus international team, but I can't seem to find Modano anywhere.

This is really frustrating to me, as I feel like I just spent $80 for a half-assed game. If it's an oversight on my part, I'm ok with it, but I don't think it's right that I'll need to use their roster update to include a 40 year-old veteran. Anyway, if any other gamers on here could chime in and give me some help it'd be appreciated.

Did they guess on Kovy? I'm guessing that was too close to production (don't play console games/don't have a TV).

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#3 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

In recent years I haven't bought the game until the season's started so you get the proper roster updates.

#4 jmad

jmad

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

80 bucks?!

#5 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

He is not in the game. It is disappointing but you can create him and there is a face that kinda looks like him. The Modano name is still in the game so they will say his name.

It sucks but the gameplay is much improved so I don't think it is to big of a deal.

19 is still not hanging from the rafters at the Joe, that pisses me off more.

Edit: Apparently there is already an update that has Modano on it you just have to download it. Read this in another thread.

Edited by zettie85, 07 September 2010 - 07:13 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#6 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Even as a Wings fan, I think there is FAR more to this game then Ruslan Salei and Mike Modano. As with every NHL that comes out, I'm sure rosters will be updated soon enough.

I've been rocking this thing for 12hrs off and on, and I think it's made some great steps. Not a perfect game by any means, but the fact you start your BAP mode in the Memorial Cup blew my mind. Not only that, but I get to play as my ACTUAL home team; the Sudbury Wolves!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

LMAO,

I was just going to come on here and complain about the same thing. 80 still seems high, mine was 60. I am sure they will have a roster update soon.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#8 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Modano IS in the game...hes in the Western All-Stars...I found him and salei easy but i cant find Ilari Filppula or Joakim Andersson...ive serached high and low...anyone find them anywahere??? please let me know
be about it!

#9 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I usually wait for the roster updates, but I can't recall a time where veteran players were missing from the NHL/AHL/Free Agency. I've been buying the games for years now, so I'm used to having to wait for some roster updates. I guess I'll have to do the same for now.

#10 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

I thought it was coming out on the 14th?
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#11 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

what i hate about the NHL series is the roster updates. The do updates like every 2 weeks or so, but if you want to use the new roster update, you have to restart your dynasty. Lame.

When i played the demo, it felt as if the gameplay was not in tune w/ the controller (example: i go to pass, but the pass doesnt happen until well after i push the button). It felt really laggy. :(

#12 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

E A SPORTS

IT'S NOT IN THE GAME.

Actually, I bought the game it's great.

Edited by Louisville, 12 September 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#13 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

No delay here, great game... just the roster updates.

EA puts out consistently good sports games.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#14 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

These games are so unreal now days! I remember rocking blades of steel on the nintendo and then NHL and NHL 94 on the sega!! Now its looks like your at the game! It just baffles me at the graphics these days!

#15 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

I LOVE the new faceoff system!

#16 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Modano and Salei are on the roster update. when you try and play on-line you have to do a roster update and it has Salei and Modano.

#17 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Modano IS in the game...hes in the Western All-Stars...I found him and salei easy but i cant find Ilari Filppula or Joakim Andersson...ive serached high and low...anyone find them anywahere??? please let me know

Nice find! Thanks.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#18 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Is anyone else having the game freeze on them? I can't even play a full game. :(

Edited by Z and D for the C, 07 September 2010 - 09:47 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#19 banzaiwolfe

banzaiwolfe

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Anybody looking for the more up to date rosters, you need to try to connect to an online game and it will prompt you to download the roster update. It has Modano and Salei.

#20 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Modano and Salei are definitely in the game seeing as I played as the Wings this morning and both were on the team.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users