• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:22 AM

Is anyone else having the game freeze on them? I can't even play a full game. :(

Nope, sorry. Mines been working fine.

#22 waitahochiminute

waitahochiminute

Henrikov Zetterstrom

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

So I just got my copy of NHL 11 today, and I've gotta say I'm pretty annoyed. I'm glad they've included the CHL and made some tweaks to the game, but there are some roster players missing. So far Ruslan Salei and Mike Modano are nowhere to be found in the NHL. I used the Salei from the Belarus international team, but I can't seem to find Modano anywhere.

This is really frustrating to me, as I feel like I just spent $80 for a half-assed game. If it's an oversight on my part, I'm ok with it, but I don't think it's right that I'll need to use their roster update to include a 40 year-old veteran. Anyway, if any other gamers on here could chime in and give me some help it'd be appreciated.

You've gotta remember the final roster for the game was made waaaaaaay before the wings made a move for Modano & Salei. They are both in the free agency once you start a franchise (didn't you notice that Detroit has 5mill in cap space?) Thats because in the franchise game (which takes place before the entry draft) those two contracts have not happened yet...Soooooo once you draft ur players and resign everyone you can offer Salei & Modano deals in the free agency period. Pretty simple but relatively easy to over look I guess. Or you could be oblivious to everything and wait for the roster update. I prefer to fill in Ken Hollands shoes though. I got Modano cheaper Kenny muuuaaaahahahahahaha!

He is not in the game. It is disappointing but you can create him and there is a face that kinda looks like him. The Modano name is still in the game so they will say his name.

It sucks but the gameplay is much improved so I don't think it is to big of a deal.

19 is still not hanging from the rafters at the Joe, that pisses me off more.

Edit: Apparently there is already an update that has Modano on it you just have to download it. Read this in another thread.

'
He is 100% in the game straight out of the box buddy boy look harder

#23 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

You've gotta remember the final roster for the game was made waaaaaaay before the wings made a move for Modano & Salei. They are both in the free agency once you start a franchise (didn't you notice that Detroit has 5mill in cap space?) Thats because in the franchise game (which takes place before the entry draft) those two contracts have not happened yet...Soooooo once you draft ur players and resign everyone you can offer Salei & Modano deals in the free agency period. Pretty simple but relatively easy to over look I guess. Or you could be oblivious to everything and wait for the roster update. I prefer to fill in Ken Hollands shoes though. I got Modano cheaper Kenny muuuaaaahahahahahaha!

'
He is 100% in the game straight out of the box buddy boy look harder

He is on the Western All-Stars out of the box in my game. Not anywhere else. You think I only took one look at free agency? He wasn't in there.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

This game is pretty neat. I decided to follow Stevie to Tampa Bay for Be-A-GM mode, and this being my first time with such a mode as well as the Bolts, I admit the game is a bit overwhelming. I didn't change a whole lot with the roster (besides adding Hudler and dropping some other player).
I did manage to lose my first game to the Thrashers 2-1 about 10 seconds before a shootout would have occurred. Like most games I lose, I out-shot them handily.

#25 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Is there still the same functionality in NHL 11 as there was in NHL 10 to add custom goal horns/songs? I spent forever getting all of that right in NHL 10 and would be bummed if I wasn't able to import all the clips into NHL 11.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#26 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

i believe the custom goal horns and songs is easier to do this year. i don't worry about changing them personally, but i recall reading that its better having them this year.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#27 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

jesus how the heck do you score in the shootout? I just went 9 rounds with neither team putting the puck in before I finally just decided to forget the whole deking thing and snipe out top shelf from the slot.

There has to be some trick to increase my SO%.

#28 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

jesus how the heck do you score in the shootout? I just went 9 rounds with neither team putting the puck in before I finally just decided to forget the whole deking thing and snipe out top shelf from the slot.

I had a huge problem scoring in shootouts for NHL 10. With NHL 11 I've noticed that using the shot fake (pressing the R3 button) and deking kind of in tight has worked somewhat. I still have issues with it though.

Speaking of issues, has anyone had trouble with the hitting? I've tried to toggle some of the slider settings, but it doesn't seem to change much. There's gotta be a good combination of Hitting Assistance, Hitting Power and Aggression that adds up to some nice hits. I guess I got used to obliterating people in NHL 10. :P

#29 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

I had a huge problem scoring in shootouts for NHL 10. With NHL 11 I've noticed that using the shot fake (pressing the R3 button) and deking kind of in tight has worked somewhat. I still have issues with it though.

Speaking of issues, has anyone had trouble with the hitting? I've tried to toggle some of the slider settings, but it doesn't seem to change much. There's gotta be a good combination of Hitting Assistance, Hitting Power and Aggression that adds up to some nice hits. I guess I got used to obliterating people in NHL 10. :P

Hittings been okay for me. I think the addition of the hip check is awesome, I just have to figure out how to get it to work consistently now.
The shot fake definitely works pretty good in the shootout. Triple deke 5 hole works a lot and so does skating wide then cutting in, fake a backhand then go high shortside.
RIP #24

#30 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

I am having trouble scoring. I have always been pretty good at the NHL games but for some reason I can't score in this one. All of my shots seem very weak and I aim for the corners but end up hitting the goalie right in the chest.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#31 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I am having trouble scoring. I have always been pretty good at the NHL games but for some reason I can't score in this one. All of my shots seem very weak and I aim for the corners but end up hitting the goalie right in the chest.

You might wanna tweak the sliders a little bit... but not too much. I did and I ended up winning games like 10-0 on All-Star difficulty. I started a Windsor Spitfires season and Ryan Ellis has 18 points in 10 games because I changed them too much.

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

I can usually go 50% in shootouts. Spend some time in 1-on-0 team practice mode and you'll get better.

If you shoot from bad areas, the goalie will be able to move forward. When that happens the puck will indeed hit him in the chest rather than going where you want the puck to go. Also, some players have lower shot accuracy than others; this means that the shots are less likely to go to the areas to which you are attempting to direct them.

#33 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:09 AM

I have a technique that works in shootouts/penalty shots very well, probably over 70% for me.

Skate in straight and from about the top/middle of the circles hold the right stick to your players backhand. Then use the left stick to skate slightly towards your players backhand. So if you have a left handed player, you will hold the right stick right, then left stick right (while holding the puck on your backhand).

When you get in close to the goalie, move the left stick left to bring the puck on your forehand and also move the left stick to skate towards your forehand side. Shoot almost immediately and aim high.

Practice with this and you'll get a feel for how easy it is.

#34 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

I have a technique that works in shootouts/penalty shots very well, probably over 70% for me.

Skate in straight and from about the top/middle of the circles hold the right stick to your players backhand. Then use the left stick to skate slightly towards your players backhand. So if you have a left handed player, you will hold the right stick right, then left stick right (while holding the puck on your backhand).

When you get in close to the goalie, move the left stick left to bring the puck on your forehand and also move the left stick to skate towards your forehand side. Shoot almost immediately and aim high.

Practice with this and you'll get a feel for how easy it is.

In layman's terms: backhand forehand top shelf?

#35 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

Just curious, but has anyone here started to play a Be A GM mode? I started my season, and for some reason players I wanted on my AHL team do not appear. They show up in the team's Contracts page, but I can't access them. Specifically, Brian Lashoff and Willie Coetzee are with (I'm assuming) their CHL teams, and I can't move them at all, or at least I don't know how to.

Anyone with any tips here?

#36 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

Just curious, but has anyone here started to play a Be A GM mode? I started my season, and for some reason players I wanted on my AHL team do not appear. They show up in the team's Contracts page, but I can't access them. Specifically, Brian Lashoff and Willie Coetzee are with (I'm assuming) their CHL teams, and I can't move them at all, or at least I don't know how to.

Anyone with any tips here?

Did you sign them to an NHL contract at the start of the season?

#37 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

im in love with this game!
im aboot to win the stanley cup with my be a pro.
i started him with the Soo Greyhounds for the Memorial Cup
then i was picked 1st overall by Edmonton after the Prospects game.
tallied 117 points after the regular season, and 38 points in the playoffs!
Wayne Gretzky watch oot!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

BTW just a question: has anyone ever taken their be a pro to over 15 years? do they recognize records and if you break a record will they announce it?
ive never taken my Be a pro that far so any help would be appreciated

#38 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

I'm so addicted to the HUT mode. Have any of you tried it yet? I'm so addicted to it that I don't even play club games anymore with my friends, they just play a man short without me.

#39 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

I'm so addicted to the HUT mode. Have any of you tried it yet? I'm so addicted to it that I don't even play club games anymore with my friends, they just play a man short without me.

Totally agree 100%. It's pretty difficult (in my experience) to draw really good players out of the packs, so it's a real challenge. I just got a few respectable goalies; I drew Hedberg and a Finnish goaltender with high potential out of a Jumbo pack (which I bought for the achievement).

My younger brother ended up pulling out Kane of one Standard pack, and then Weber out of the very next one. I guess some are luckier than others.

Edited by Jesusberg, 23 September 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#40 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

HUT is hugely enjoyable, when it actually works, I've played 30 or so games and lost connection to the EA server on about 18 or 19 occasions. Less than impressed with EA on this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users