• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Totally agree 100%. It's pretty difficult (in my experience) to draw really good players out of the packs, so it's a real challenge. I just got a few respectable goalies; I drew Hedberg and a Finnish goaltender with high potential out of a Jumbo pack (which I bought for the achievement).

My younger brother ended up pulling out Kane of one Standard pack, and then Weber out of the very next one. I guess some are luckier than others.

I got Kane in a jumbo pack for 7500 pucks, was able to get him to around 98 or 99, and then nobody would play me because I had just him rated so high, so I'm gonna sell him.

Then I decided just to get a few decent NHLers in the low 80's and only raise their skating and hands, and have been able to play people more often without them backing out. I have 1 decent line of Filatov 86 Filppula 87 and Havlat 86, then the rest of my team is either in the 70's or low 80's (My third line is Mursak, Emmerton and Williams all rated 80).

I played this dude last night who had Stamkos, Lecavalier, Raymond, Hossa, Patrick Kane, Evander Kane, Sharp, Lundqvist, all rated 95+ and he came back on me down 5-3 in the last couple minutes because my Brad Stuart decided to check one of his players for no reason and he got a PP goal off that, and then I made a horrible pass with Rafalski and he scored off that. He then went on to beat me in the shootout. I hope he knows he didn't have to waste money on building a team when he could've just used the All-Star teams in vs mode instead...

#42 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

I cant stand the passing and when you switch players it bugs the crap out of me. that weird pass you do when your in the middle of changing players and then it passes the puck for you.

#43 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

jesus how the heck do you score in the shootout? I just went 9 rounds with neither team putting the puck in before I finally just decided to forget the whole deking thing and snipe out top shelf from the slot.

There has to be some trick to increase my SO%.

I'm replying to this ridiculously late :lol:, but here goes:

Ever since the skill stick came out i've had extremely good luck (breakaways are a damn near guaranteed goal... the only issue comes in when the camera angle changes from game to shootout and it messes with my perception of when/where to start my move) using a forehand toe-drag to the backhand for a goal. When it IS actually stopped, it's only when the goalie attempts a poke check, because you're literally taking the puck wide from your forehand to your backhand (the puck crosses your body in tight at your feet) across the whole goal crease. If the goalie commits you've got a wide open net waiting for you, if he tries to outwait you he usually still can't extend far enough and the backhand virtually always goes in that sweet spot right above the pad but below the blocker. If your player has a higher skill rating he'll roof that backhand shot from an insane angle, usually off the crossbar.

On your approach you only need to be a bit off-center toward the side of the ice that your player shoots. If he shoots right, skate in right of center but inside the far faceoff dot. Flip that for a left-handed shooter.

#44 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

Will they have team Lidstrom and Staal in this NHL 11 or 12?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#45 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:34 AM

Just started this game, playing the Be a GM mode and drafted my own team. Can anyone tell me what happens in the case of sending a player to the minors. I drafted Taylor Hall and sent him down to the minors not the AHL as I was hoping he would improve more there. But now i'm worried he won't improve at all and I loose a year on his contract for nothing.

Can anyone clarify what happens here?

#46 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

Just started this game, playing the Be a GM mode and drafted my own team. Can anyone tell me what happens in the case of sending a player to the minors. I drafted Taylor Hall and sent him down to the minors not the AHL as I was hoping he would improve more there. But now i'm worried he won't improve at all and I loose a year on his contract for nothing.

Can anyone clarify what happens here?

He does improve a lot there. Although he'd probably improve even more when playing a full season in NHL on a top6 role. I assume your playing with the default pre-draft rosters? So Hall is 75 or something like that at the beginning. He will usually be over 80 after the first season.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#47 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

I actually drafted my own team but I did update the rosters before doing the draft. Glad to hear he will improve though.

I don't want to google to much stuff on this as I want to just kinda find the nice players and the other sneaky stuff as I go naturally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users