• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

edicius

Meech on waivers

Rate this topic

No. He is a depth player that isn't going to get any better. I would rather he get picked up by a team that would give him more ice time than rot away in GR.

Agreed, there's no room for him here, but the guy deserves a chance to play night in and night out in the NHL... good luck Meech! I don't know why, but I imagine him ending up in Philly... no rhyme or reason behind that, just a gut feeling...

Agreed, there's no room for him here, but the guy deserves a chance to play night in and night out in the NHL... good luck Meech! I don't know why, but I imagine him ending up in Philly... no rhyme or reason behind that, just a gut feeling...

I don't think Philly needs a 9th defenceman.

The end of the "Mebdeech" era is offically over with Lebda going to Toronto at a laughable contract and Meech being waived.

The peasants rejoice!

Meech isn't really gone yet though. Someone has to claim him. Right?

Correct me if I'm wrong (most likely am), but this move is just so we can send him to the minors if he clears waivers. Most likely he will still be on the team the entire season, save him being claimed. He'll just spend it in GRap or with the big club if there are injuries, but since he cleared waivers he can just be recalled and sent down freely.

Correct me if I'm wrong (most likely am), but this move is just so we can send him to the minors if he clears waivers. Most likely he will still be on the team the entire season, save him being claimed. He'll just spend it in GRap or with the big club if there are injuries, but since he cleared waivers he can just be recalled and sent down freely.

During the season, the team has 10 games or 30 days to assign a player to the minors once he's cleared waivers. If that period of time passes before an assignment is made, the player has to clear waivers again to be sent down.

And Meech has a one-way deal, so he would have to clear re-entry waivers to be recalled on a non-emergency basis.

During the season, the team has 10 games or 30 days to assign a player to the minors once he's cleared waivers. If that period of time passes before an assignment is made, the player has to clear waivers again to be sent down.

And Meech has a one-way deal, so he would have to clear re-entry waivers to be recalled on a non-emergency basis.

Yah, I thought that was the rule, but I was more talking about this part of my statement.

"this move is just so we can send him to the minors if he clears waivers. Most likely he will still be on the team the entire season, save him being claimed. He'll just spend it in GRap"