• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pinkprincess027

pinkprincess027

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

I was at Best Buy today and saw they have a new game for the Wii called NHL slapshot. Has anyone played it, and how is it? My cousins have NHL 2010 and several others and the 2k games also. I'd like to get him something other than what he has for his birthday and was wondering how the game is.

#2 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

I was at Best Buy today and saw they have a new game for the Wii called NHL slapshot. Has anyone played it, and how is it? My cousins have NHL 2010 and several others and the 2k games also. I'd like to get him something other than what he has for his birthday and was wondering how the game is.

Its the best hockey game on wii thats for sure. Its very fun.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#3 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

Its the best hockey game on wii thats for sure. Its very fun.

I agree. It's not gonna replace your NHL11 series, but it's definitely worth what i paid for it (which was alot by my standards) Playing with the stick peripheral makes it more fun, but still a few kinks they could work out I think.

Best part is the training mode... you have to hit crosby :D I had to do it multiple times since i didn't pick up the puck... i just kept nailing him.

#4 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

I really want to play this. It's nice to know it's pretty fun.

Does anyone have any playing time with 2k11? I thought 2k10 sucked, but I want to get a new hockey game (for the first time sine NHL 07) and it seems like they've updated parts of it. I'd love to know how they stack up against one another.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#5 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

I really want to play this. It's nice to know it's pretty fun.

Does anyone have any playing time with 2k11? I thought 2k10 sucked, but I want to get a new hockey game (for the first time sine NHL 07) and it seems like they've updated parts of it. I'd love to know how they stack up against one another.

if you thought 2k10 sucked you're going to loathe 2k11.

#6 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

if you thought 2k10 sucked you're going to loathe 2k11.

That's what I sort of figured. A lot of reviews I read that it's a 'huge let down' after 2k10. I thought maybe that meant it would cater more to my tastes, but I think I was being overly optimistic. The motion capturing was awful and I felt like all I did was chase the other team around the ice and make passes when I tried to shoot.

On top of that, Slapshot still has the AHL teams like the other EA NHL games - which means I can be the Griffs. I think my mind is made up. Haha.

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Slapshot went on sale at Amazon, so I picked it up. Got to play it for a couple of hours last night and I like it a lot. Obviously, OP, it's more akin to an arcade game because it's on the Wii - but it's really fun. Simple but intuitive controls with the stick that really make a lot of sense. Lots of cool mini games and a mode called Peewee to Pro where you can create a player and start as far back as pond hockey, gaining experience points and attributes while attaining goals that are set for you by your coaches.

I was really unsure about it when I bought it, but I think it's a great addition to my gaming library.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users