• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Non-forum security update

I just wanted to let everyone know that as I type this the main (non-forum related) areas of the site are currently undergoing a security update that should eliminate the problems that the site has experienced over the summer. This update *may* break the front page of the site or it may not. Depending on the severity of the changes (if there are any noticable) I may opt to place an auto-forwarder that would bring everyone to the forums in the interim.

Please note: This is NOT the site overhaul update I've alluded to earlier this summer. This is, however, a security fix that should remove the vulnerability that allowed remote malware inclusion that has resulted in countless new gray (and lost) hairs. (crossing virtual fingers) The complete site overhaul will definitively remove any vulnerabilities once and for all.

For those of you that became victims of this problem, I sincerely apologize. I've tried my best to eliminate the problems in the past trying to avoid a potential "scorched earth" approach, but that's what needs to be done. The site's reputation and the worry-free visits here are far more important than making sure something is 100% 'perfect' in terms of visuals and functionality at the risk of leaving members vulnerable.

Thank You!

Sign in to follow this