• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumnj

Traverse City Prospects Tournament and Wings Training Camp Coverage

Rate this topic

I, like many, would love to go see the Prospect Tournament and/or the Wing training camp in person. However that just won't happen with distance, work and whatnot. Though I would like to somehow watch the games, but from the looks of it there will be no TV coverage from the NHL (unless they decide to at the last minute). I don't know if there will be any broadcasts on local Traverse City station, so if you know of anything please pass that info along.

Now for those that are going to either event, perhaps you could help out the majority of us that are not going. With the wonders of technology today, perhaps you can stream us some games from your smart phones. With no TV coverage I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate some action, even if it's from a phone camera and a little shaky :P. I'd be willing to help set this up for other fans to view and work with anyone willing to give it a shot since I've had plenty of experience streaming stuff (I'm the, I guess resident Wings streamer :cheesy:) and should be able to work with any phone.

The likely hood of this working will probably be small. There would need to be decent signal in the arena, but who knows, maybe they added wireless internet since they did a lot or remodeling at the Center ICE facility...plus finding an outlet to plug-in and keep the battery going ;). Anyone willing to give it a shot I'm sure would be commended here for putting in the effort.

Anyway, just a suggestion. If it's not do-able some pictures would be nice too, I figure this thread could serve multiple purposes with that as well.

Going off that, for the preseason I'm also looking to get some games online. I normally don't have any access to preseason games, but I'm making an attempt this year. As it stands, the Wings will be playing the following teams twice: Penguins, Rangers, Leafs and Hawks. As far as I know CenterIce and GameCenter Live have never broadcasted preseason games, so I'm looking for ways to get the local feeds.

Right now I should have a guy to get me the Hawks games. I'm talking with someone in the Toronto area about helping out for those games. I have also talked with a guy I know that has a subscription to satellite sports pack, not sure if he'll allow me to use his box, but if so that should hopefully cover the Rangers and last Pens game. If there's anyone willing to help out in working with me to cover some of the preseason games let me know. Of course there's always the chance the NHL Network will pick some games up, but I figure I'd get a head start on this and get a couple of backups. As of now it looks like the 1st preseason (Sept 22) game will not be broadcast, since Pittsburgh isn't airing any games against the Wings and FSD isn't showing that one either.

I don't have a smart phone, and even if I did, I am not technically savvy, so it would be a disaster.

However, I will have my trusty digital camera, and so will my other half. We'll be taking lots of pics, and I will be posting them on Facebook, so when I do, I will give you the link and you may peruse to your heart's delight. That's the best I can give you.

I do have pics from last year out on Photobucket, and also some game pics on Facebook. You're welcome to peruse them if you wish.

Not a great start for the Stars at the NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City. They're down 4-1 to the Detroit Red Wings after the first period.

The Red Wings scored three goals in a 1:00 span early in the first period to take a 3-0 lead on the Stars and Jack Campbell, who faced some quality chances in the first period.

The first goal came came on a power play and Detroit's Tomas Tatar made a great move and finished off the play with a great shot that found the top of the net. The second goal looked a little iffy on Campbell's part, but Stars defenseman Antoine Corbin got beat on a race to a puck and Detroit's Trevor Parkes beat Campbell with a shot from the left circle. A goal off a rebound in front of the net made it 3-0.

Tomas Vincour scored off a wrap-around for the Stars to make it 3-1, but Detroit scored late in the first off a great shot from the left circle by Brooks Macek to make it a 4-1 game.

Now it's 5-1

The official scoresheet had the shots as 15-5 in favor of Detroit in the second.
Edited by drumnj

Here we go, this is helpful:

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/scoreboard.html?leagueid=505&seasonid=5958

Some quick stats from there:

Jordan Pearce had 17/18 saves

Travis Ehrhardt and Darren Archibald with +5

Aubry, Macek and Smith with +4

2 points for Ehrhardt, Aubry and Archibald

Edited by drumnj

I was only in town for the weekend, so I was able to catch the game on Saturday against Dallas. It was a pretty cool atmosphere! The Red Wings coaching staff and management were just walking around the public area going unnoticed by the fans. Also during the game, we were sitting with the families of the players on the Red Wings prospect team.

Anyways, The players that really impressed me were Tatar and McCollum. Tatar scored a really pretty goal and McCollum came up with several big saves.

Guest Heaten

Now the tourney is over we can evaluate the kids. They were tied 3nd best record out of all the teams with Minnesota going 4-0 undefeated.

Only prospect that stood out statistically was Tatar. He went top 9 in scoring and was one of the youngest of all the prospects. Other than that, everyone was mediocre. I expected more from Smith, Ferraro and Nestrasil.

But on the bright side, Tatar and Lashoff were both beasts.... perhaps one of the reasons why Detroit did well in the tourney. Oh, and the new prospect goalie named Mrazek seemed to have done well. here's the standings. You can also see scoring leaders and individual player stats.

Oh, one rant that I have is I am so sick and tired about reading about Brendan Smith's underage drinking thing. I want to read hockey stuff about him, no stupid stuff he did a few years ago... Jounalists and reviewers need to get off it because the 'drinking' stuff is getting stale, and quick. I want to read about how well he did or didn't do in the game... not BS stuff he did when he was 16. f***!

/rant

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/09/red_wings_training_camp_lines.html

Training Camp Teams and Lines.

Team Howe

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Holmstrom

Mattias Ritola-Cory Emmerton-Jan Mursak

Francis Pare-Brent Raedeke-Aaron Downey

Jordan Owens-Stephen Johnston-Brooks Macek

Jonathan Ericsson-Ruslan Salei

Doug Janik-Brendan Smith

Marc Zanetti-Greg Amadio

Jimmy Howard

Jordan Pearce

Team Lindsay

Johan Franzen-Valtteri Filppula-Todd Bertuzzi

Drew Miller-Justin Abdelkader-Kirk Maltby

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson-Jamie Tardiff

Andrej Nestrasil-Landon Ferraro-Trevor Parkes

Antonin Honejsek

Brad Stuart-Brian Rafalski

Brian Lashoff-Derek Meech

Sebastien Piche-Sergei Kolosov

Brenden Kichton (injured)

Chris Osgood

Petr Mrazek

Team Delvecchio

Jiri Hudler-Mike Modano-Dan Cleary

Kris Draper-Darren Helm-Patrick Eaves

Ilari Filppula-Johnson-Willie Coetzee

Darren Archibald-Louis Marc Aubry-Mitchell Callahan

Chris Minard (injured)

Nicklas Lidstrom-Niklas Kronwall

Jakub Kindl-Logan Pyett

Gleason Fournier-Travis Ehrhardt

Joey MacDonald

Thomas McCollum

General manager Ken Holland said he expects everyone to be healthy and ready to go when players take the ice Saturday.

"They’ve been skating in Detroit (for two weeks),'' Holland said. "I think the conditioning of our team is as good as it’s been in a long time. The extra month of training has been good.

“Some veterans told me they think they’re in the best shape they’ve ever been in.’’

So I haven't been following the prospects as well as I should be this year, but I was wondering about 2 Griffin's players specifically (I have a personal interest and story).

Francis Pare, Travis Ehrhardt, and Kris Newbury were all part of the Tip-a-Grif event and the Applebee's I work at. They were serving tables and donating their tips they earned. Now, they all had custom made aprons specifically for the event. At the end of their shifts they auctioned off the 3 aprons and the money made was also going to be donated. I ended up buying both Pare's and Ehrhardt's aprons, and since the store manager from my store knew one of the trainers (or someone else close to the team, not sure really) he was able to get the guy to take the aprons back to the Griffin's team and get both signed by the majority of the Griffin's team.

So, long story short, I was wondering what was happening with Pare and Ehrhardt as it'd be pretty cool if they came to the NHL eventually.

Edited by Lonewuhf

Oh, one rant that I have is I am so sick and tired about reading about Brendan Smith's underage drinking thing. I want to read hockey stuff about him, no stupid stuff he did a few years ago... Jounalists and reviewers need to get off it because the 'drinking' stuff is getting stale, and quick. I want to read about how well he did or didn't do in the game... not BS stuff he did when he was 16. f***!

/rant

Heaven forbid a teenager be a teenager

Okay, everyone:

Had to quickly learn how to use PhotoBucket, but I've got my pictures and one video up from today. I'll try to get more video from practice and scrimmage tomorrow. Some pictures came out great and others a little blurry. Hopefully next year, I can get a more professional camera. :D Also went to the dinner last night and was at the table with Joey MacDonald. Great guy and nice to talk to. Here's the link: DRW Training Camp 9/18/10

Enjoy! I'll keep 'em coming, now that I have WiFi.

Okay, everyone:

Had to quickly learn how to use PhotoBucket, but I've got my pictures and one video up from today. I'll try to get more video from practice and scrimmage tomorrow. Some pictures came out great and others a little blurry. Hopefully next year, I can get a more professional camera. :D Also went to the dinner last night and was at the table with Joey MacDonald. Great guy and nice to talk to. Here's the link: DRW Training Camp 9/18/10

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Mo looks good taking faceoffs. Looks like everyone is having a good time out there.

Okay, everyone:

Hahahah oh my goodness, Downs flow in picture 7 is incredible. I hope he doesnt cut that, classic :lol:

Just thought I would share my experince today! After the scrimmage team howe practiced then after practice Homer stayed out on the ice deflecting pucks! of course I waited until he left the ice. When he came off he looked into the bleachers right around where I was sitting then made eye contact and reached up and handed me his stick!!!!!!!!!! true story! :blush:

Just thought I would share my experince today! After the scrimmage team howe practiced then after practice Homer stayed out on the ice deflecting pucks! of course I waited until he left the ice. When he came off he looked into the bleachers right around where I was sitting then made eye contact and reached up and handed me his stick!!!!!!!!!! true story! :blush:

Lucky duck! I'm a big Homer fan too. Loved seeing that line scoring like crazy today.

Very cool! Thats a memory that will last a lifetime.

How'd Homer look on the ice, by the way?