• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumnj

Traverse City Prospects Tournament and Wings Training Camp Coverage

Rate this topic

I only made it to the last 2 days of the Prospect Tournamnet. It was really great hockey to watch again. The Detroit Red Wings Prospects made it to the Championship Game and they even had a 1-0 Lead going into the third period but still ended up losing 3-1 to the Minnesota Wild Prospects. I took the loss harder than I should have but I really wanted to see the Red Wings win a Prospect Tournament Championship since they have never won one before. At Centre Ice hanging in David's Rink this the Banner of all the teams that have won it along with the years and I just though it would be really cool to have a Wings Banner up there. What really sucked was the Red Wings Prospects played just absolutely FANTASTIC in the 1st and 2nd Periods, I mean they really played great but someone didn't send them the memo that you have to play a full 60 minutes of hockey to win a game and they let in 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd period. I give full props to the Minnesota Wild Prospects as they battled very well but the Detroit Red Wings played them much much harder through more of the game. It was good to see a lot of faces around the NHL. I still wish there were more Fans who attended the Tournament becasue it really is quality hockey to watch. The Detroit Red Wings Training Camp was just as good as it always is. Great to see the familar faces again and see some newer ones as well. It was very tough for me to leave Traverse City personally becuase I just love it up there. I really could live there. It is very beautiful and everything I would need would be there. I suggest anyone and everyone go check out Camps next season or even just go to TC for a visit. They have some great Wines good hockey even without the Red Wings and some great scenery.