Vancouver Writer Rates the Wings

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 No.9

No.9

1st Line Sniper

• 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

"which frees up Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk to play together, these two virtually guaranteeing them a playoff spot before they drop the puck."
I suspect Gallagher has to grasp for straws, basically stating that the rest of the league is looking to hockeytown as a base for standards. Taking cheap shots like the "depends" is just attempt at humor to hide the thought of compensation to match up. Look out Sedin brothers.

National hate Sidney Crosby day Monday, February 28th, 2011.
http://www.facebook....75473006&ref=ts
Join the 111,053 supporters.

#22 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

The guy can't just make a point without the insults. That's too bad. Now if I ever go to Vancouver I will have to litter.

No need to risk a fine by littering. You can kill two birds with one stone just by showing up.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 10 September 2010 - 09:37 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#23 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

No need to risk a fine by littering. You can kill two birds with one stone just by showing up.

win.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#24 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:51 AM

And its a legitimate concern. While Hakan and Co. scout better than any other group, there doesn't seem to be those one or two guys in the system right now that will carry the load like Stevie did or like Z and D are doing now. I hesitate to throw Shanny in that example (as you did) simply because he was traded for, but your point is very much taken given were in a capped NHL for the foreseeable future.

My comment was in regard to the sustained success up to this point. Maintaining that level in the future had no bearing on that comment. At the same time (and even with the law of averages) its just simply so hard to see Kenny and Co. letting this team slip even to mediocrity. They may not be the favorite year-in and year-out, but as long as they have the talented brain-trust they currently do, and guys like Lids and now Z & D take pay-cuts to emphasize the good of the team mentality in Detroit, things are always going to be slightly easier for Detroit than other teams to stay near the top.

Hard to use that as an example when nobody (outside of the scouting staff) even knew who Dats, Zetterberg and Franzen were in 2002 / 03. Who's to say there isn't a couple of studs in the works that develop into stars in the near future? Considering Hakan and Co's success record with late picks, it's easy to be optimistic.

#25 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

depends, walkers, geritol.....they can take their shots, but every other team is envious of our success and are once again saying we're the team to beat.

We don't rebuild, we reload.

AGREED :siren:

Edited by Rockitman, 11 September 2010 - 09:11 AM.

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#26 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

LOL, touche!

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

13416406403_264f5aaa63_o.jpg