• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scrosby87

Stanley Cup Predictions

Rate this topic

Don't worry. We have plenty of serious types here. And most will have good reason for their predictions. There will be good conversation in the thread.

Seriously?

Caps in the east; Sharks in the west.

Caps win it 4-2.

Wings over Penguins, 4-2

If Howard isn't the second coming of Steve Mason, I think we're golden. We're much deeper than last year, with rest, and hopefully some passion after an early exit. This team is essentially the team that won the Cup in '08, except the younger players of that team are developed.

I can't stand the Penguins but they are obviously talented, and more importantly, I believe they have the most playoff experiance of anyone in their Conferance the last 5 years. Experiance wise, they're the Wings of the East.

I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible.

The Wings will make it for the West as long as we stay healthy, but it won't be easy. The Caps are long overdue for a good playoff run. It'll be Wings over the Caps in 4 or 5 games. Lidstrom retires on top with his 5th Stanley Cup, Modano rides off into the sunset with the Cup in his hometown and its the feel good story of the year in sports. :thumbup:

Guest Scrosby87

"I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible."

Signing Zbynek Michalek and Paul Martin didn't upgrade our D? We have Martin, Orpik, Michalek, Letang, Goligoski, Lovejoy (or veteran D-man)

Some would argue that's a top 3 D in the league. The Pens will run through the league this year and most likely win the president's trophy.

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Master Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

I want to see Red Wings/Penguins and that's probably pretty realistic.

However, I will go with Red Wings/Bruins. Sorry, Gary.

What the hell. I know so little about the East, and I don't see where the Pens will come back that dramatically, so I'll go with this. Thanks, GoWings! And it will probably go to seven but our beloved, talented, thrifty, cheerful and brave Wings will win it ALL.

"I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible."

Signing Zbynek Michalek and Paul Martin didn't upgrade our D? We have Martin, Orpik, Michalek, Letang, Goligoski, Lovejoy (or veteran D-man)

Some would argue that's a top 3 D in the league. The Pens will run through the league this year and most likely win the president's trophy.

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Masterbater Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

You did sign well on D, but I really like Gonchar, and I don't think he'll be easily replaced. Top 3? Only time will tell.

The Hawks have been weakened this summer. I really don't see them as a threat next season. Between the Cup Hangover and basically re-organizing their lesser players, they have a lot of work to do to ice a contender. Once their new guys get some time together, they may well be on the road to more success, but not this season.

EDIT: Forgot to add- I don't think I've seen too many people misspell Staal. Usually it's only the ones who can't spell anything else. Don't take it personally.

Edited by 55fan

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Master Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

I like the moves the Pens have made on D, but they still need to find a winger for Crosby, imo. I kind of want Malkin to move up to the Wing on the first line and let Staal center the second line with Dupuis and Cooke. I'm not sure the Pens depth will allow that, though.

The biggest weakness for both the Wings and the Pens I believe is in net. Howard is going into the cursed sophomore year and has perhaps the worst rebound control for a 1 goalie in the league, whereas with MAF you never know who's going to be in net: a legit 1 goalie, or someone who will let in 3 fluky goals. Both teams are probably among the favorites to get to the finals, but the favorites rarely end up getting that far.

By the way, have you been following the Chicago exodus this summer? I'm not sure how to interpret "I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago. " or "Pens vs Hawks". Last time I checked Chicago packed up and moved to Atlanta.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

that was the most overt attempt at trolling this board I've seen in a long time. Pumping both the Hawks and Pens over the Wings with barely a shred of logic is just funny.

Personally, I think Pittsburgh will be really good again this year and they very well may make it to the finals. Michalek and Martin are great additions but if you think their PP will be as good without Gonchar you have another thing coming. Comrie is soft but he'll get you 15 goals or so - hopefully 20 for your sake. Chicago will still be good and normally I don't really buy the whole Cup Hangover crap but with such a young core of players (who love to party) it's actually a distinct possibility with this team. They'll get going though. But if you want to spit out teams in the West that will make it tough for the Wings (at this juncture of the year) you should be talking about Vancouver as on paper they're the team who looks to have improved the most significantly. They actually added to their roster - not subtracted (as the Hawks have).

ok the mods tell us to play nice then the OP posts some junk like that......

Ignorance doesn't mean he's not playing nice. :)

I don't think there are many teams that couldn't get past Chicago in the playoffs. They aren't cellar dwellers, but no way are they making it to the Conference Final this year.