• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scrosby87

Stanley Cup Predictions

Rate this topic

this just in I heard per my brain that the stanley cup final is gonna be the wings and the flightless birds or i could see the bruins making a run for it.

Wings vs bruins wings in 5 Lidstrom and Modano and draper and maltby and osgood all retire with a cup in toe and ride off into the sunset.

this just in I heard per my brain that the stanley cup final is gonna be the wings and the flightless birds or i could see the bruins making a run for it.

Wings vs bruins wings in 5 Lidstrom and Modano and draper and maltby and osgood all retire with a cup in toe and ride off into the sunset.

And they all tie for the connsmythe (and Lidstrom never retires)

Is that still covered under the team's medical insurance?

Drapes, Malts, and possibly Mo are gone for sure. Lids is a probable if we get the Cup. Ozzie just might hang out as a backup and mentor. That more than likely depends on how he does this season.

While I agree with you completely, Hasek DID starts game 1 and 2 against Nashville in the playoffs before being replaced by Osgood.

I didnt look it up but if my memory serves me correctly I beleive he even started game 5, let in a couple soft goals, then Osgood came in and at some point the game was tied and then the Wings ended up winning. I know Osgood ended up with 14 wins in that Cup run but Im almost positve Hasek started game 5. I think that was the Arnott goal where Radulov piled on top of him and gave him a concussion.

Guest Scrosby87

I wasn't knocking Detroit's D---- I was just saying that they aren't as good as they were in the past. (and that Lidstrom isn't worth 6.2 mill anymore) ---- But my main point was that Pens D overall is going to be tough. (Better than Detroit's) It's nothing personal --- It's just an observation and my opinion. Our top 5 is a lot deeper than almost every other teams top 5.

As for Chicago ---- I understand they lost several key players --- arguably the ones that got them to the cup and scored big goals for them on their way to the cup finals-- But they still have good centers and good wingers. (Not necessarily superstar players at those positions--- but they have solid players that can fit their roles well)

Either way I think it's safe to say that it will be a Detroit/Chicago/Vancouver Western Conf. Finals.

I wasn't knocking Detroit's D---- I was just saying that they aren't as good as they were in the past. (and that Lidstrom isn't worth 6.2 mill anymore) ---- But my main point was that Pens D overall is going to be tough. (Better than Detroit's) It's nothing personal --- It's just an observation and my opinion. Our top 5 is a lot deeper than almost every other teams top 5.

As for Chicago ---- I understand they lost several key players --- arguably the ones that got them to the cup and scored big goals for them on their way to the cup finals-- But they still have good centers and good wingers. (Not necessarily superstar players at those positions--- but they have solid players that can fit their roles well)

Either way I think it's safe to say that it will be a Detroit/Chicago/Vancouver Western Conf. Finals.

If Martin is worth $5M, Nick is worth a lot more than $6.2.

It's debateable whether either Martin of Michalek could crack our top 4. Orpik and Letang for sure wouldn't. Goligoski has some potential, but still a long way to go. Never heard of the other guy, and you still don't have a 7th.

Yeah, Nick is getting older, but he's still one of the leagues best. Rafi has issues, but he's not as bad as some people think. His offense makes up for his defense. Both had a better +/- than anyone on Pittsburgh. Kronwall and Stuart are as good a second pair as you'll find. Our third pair is a question mark, but Kindl and Ericsson have a lot of potential, so we'll see. They could be great or they could suck. Salei is alright for a 3rd pair guy.

The Pens defense is pretty good, but I don't think they compare to ours.

I didnt look it up but if my memory serves me correctly I beleive he even started game 5, let in a couple soft goals, then Osgood came in and at some point the game was tied and then the Wings ended up winning. I know Osgood ended up with 14 wins in that Cup run but Im almost positve Hasek started game 5. I think that was the Arnott goal where Radulov piled on top of him and gave him a concussion.

Osgood started Game 5 against Nashville. The Red Wings won 2-1 on Mule's goal in OT and never looked back.