• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

NHL preparing for work stoppage with refs

Rate this topic

S-C-A-B: the other-four letter word.

My family always taught me not to cross the picket line, but in this case I'd make an exception. The league has to play on, plus the refs are incompetent and most should be fired anyway.

My family always taught me not to cross the picket line, but in this case I'd make an exception. The league has to play on, plus the refs are incompetent and most should be fired anyway.

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't know if you crossed the line anyway. One might think you did, but the two who were further away might overrule him, and with the video judges on strike too, no one would know for sure.

Even if they did come to a consensus or call Toronto, you could just tell them that you had an afternoon of yardwork planned, but went to the game instead since your gas can was empty, and since you intended to blow (leaf or snow, depending on the weather) the point is moot and you did not cross the line regardless of where you ended up.

From TSN:

The National Hockey League and the NHL Officials' Association reached a tentative agreement on a new four-year Collective Bargaining Agreement on Monday.

The tentative agreement is subject to ratification by the membership of the NHL Officials' Association as well as the League's Board of Governors.

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't know if you crossed the line anyway. One might think you did, but the two who were further away might overrule him, and with the video judges on strike too, no one would know for sure.

Even if they did come to a consensus or call Toronto, you could just tell them that you had an afternoon of yardwork planned, but went to the game instead since your gas can was empty, and since you intended to blow (leaf or snow, depending on the weather) the point is moot and you did not cross the line regardless of where you ended up.

Brilliant! That just about sums it up doesn't it?

:lol: