• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

So, the idea is that fans will now have to pay money to see a game with men who they've never heard of before?
Isn't that what they'll be doing in Chicago this season?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Thought I saw some NHL refs officiating the Lions game yesterday!!

#23 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY&feature=popt11us0a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3_MHvYrLU

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

They went to the Jim Joyce school of officiating

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

Hello, dear friend, here is www.nlf47.com. And there is some good news for you, we have lowered the prices on every jersey, we are a very professional company engaged in supplying NFL Jerseys ( National Football League jerseys ) products, We have our own factories and can supply you our best products in good quality and best price. If you are satisfied with or interested in our products, please contact us ASAP. here we are 24/7 service. we deliver the jersey fast, and we will try our best to supply you good service.

All the best,

Marilyn
UNJ International Sales Dept
MSN: wholesale009@hotmail.com

WOW! Now the officials even have their own website to sell their jerseys!

They are already presenting a strong front. They will not cave to the demands of the league, players, or fans.

Oh, wait. Those are football jerseys. What were we talking about here?

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

S-C-A-B: the other-four letter word.

My family always taught me not to cross the picket line, but in this case I'd make an exception. The league has to play on, plus the refs are incompetent and most should be fired anyway.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

My family always taught me not to cross the picket line, but in this case I'd make an exception. The league has to play on, plus the refs are incompetent and most should be fired anyway.

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't know if you crossed the line anyway. One might think you did, but the two who were further away might overrule him, and with the video judges on strike too, no one would know for sure.

Even if they did come to a consensus or call Toronto, you could just tell them that you had an afternoon of yardwork planned, but went to the game instead since your gas can was empty, and since you intended to blow (leaf or snow, depending on the weather) the point is moot and you did not cross the line regardless of where you ended up.

#28 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

From TSN:

The National Hockey League and the NHL Officials' Association reached a tentative agreement on a new four-year Collective Bargaining Agreement on Monday.

The tentative agreement is subject to ratification by the membership of the NHL Officials' Association as well as the League's Board of Governors.

#29 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't know if you crossed the line anyway. One might think you did, but the two who were further away might overrule him, and with the video judges on strike too, no one would know for sure.

Even if they did come to a consensus or call Toronto, you could just tell them that you had an afternoon of yardwork planned, but went to the game instead since your gas can was empty, and since you intended to blow (leaf or snow, depending on the weather) the point is moot and you did not cross the line regardless of where you ended up.

Brilliant! That just about sums it up doesn't it?
:lol:

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

From Sportsnet:

The NHL Officials Association has ratified a new four-year contract with the NHL and the league's board of governors approved the deal Tuesday.