Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Never forget. :usaflag: :usaflag:

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj9Fa6IFM8Q&ob=av2e

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 11 September 2010 - 11:07 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

Continuing condolences to the people who lost friends and family.

Things like this should bring us all together as humans, but they are instead tearing us into factions.

Let's remember that it was a small group of radicals who did this and should be the ones to pay. I hope that their supporters do pay dearly.

#3 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

I'll never forget that day. I was a freshman in high school and even watching the footage again today nine years later it seems so surreal still. The world will never be the same again.

I just hope people remember the anniversary of 9/11 for what it truly represents. A day to honor the innoncent lives lost, those who have and continue to serve in the military defending our country, and to remember that cherished freedom can be taken away in a second. This day isn't about a mosque, religious freedom, or a phobia of Islam. Every American suffered nine years ago and it still stings just as much now for me as it did then.

God bless the victims families, our military and the United States of America. :usaflag:

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#4 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

*this space for rent*

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

Attached File  911remembered.jpg   44.24KB   17 downloads
Matt put this up on one of the sidebars a few years ago. I had to save it, because it's such a powerful picture.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#6 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

Thousands of people did indeed die that day. They represented all colors, all religions, all beliefs. Liberals, conservatives, atheists and agnostics perished that hideous, horrific day. I think it would be a very good thing to work on tamping down our fears and prejudices and build from there.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

:usaflag:

#8 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Have you forgotten? Never forget. :usaflag:

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users