• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan40

Prospects Camp: Detroit 6, Dallas 1

Rate this topic

Here is a link to the scoreboard: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1354035

And here is an article from a Dallas writer:

Campbell off to a rough start

6:35 PM Sat, Sep 11, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Mike Heika / Reporter

Highly-watched prospect Jack Campbell got the start in tonight's tournament opener against the Detroit Red Wings, and struggled in the first period, allowing four goals on 11 shots.

I'm not there, so it's tough to assess his performance, but Dallas is down 4-1 after 20 minutes, according to the point streak game update. Tomas Vincour has the only goal for the Stars prospects.

UPDATE: The Stars are getting pretty much torched, as they were outshot 15-5 in the second period and are now down 5-1. Campbell must have rebounded well, as he allowed just one goal on 15 shots in the second period.

________

Sounds like Detroit had a solid game. I wish we coudl find more local coverage on this.

Detroit Roster Dallas Roster Penalties

# Name G A +/- S Pim

2 B.Smith 0 1 +4 0 0

21 T.Tatar 1 0 +1 4 0

25 B.Lashoff 0 0 +1 3 0

27 T.Ehrhardt 2 0 +5 2 2

36 J.Pearce 0 0 0 0 0

38 T.McCollum 0 0 0 0 0

47 B.Raedeke 0 0 0 2 0

49 A.Nestrasil 0 0 0 4 0

50 B.Macek 1 0 +4 1 0

53 L.Aubry 1 1 +4 3 0

54 S.Piche 0 0 0 3 2

56 A.Cord 0 0 0 0 0

57 L.Ferraro 0 0 0 5 0

58 D.Archibald 0 2 +5 2 0

60 T.Parkes 1 0 +1 2 0

62 J.Anderson 0 0 +1 1 0

64 S.Johnston 0 0 -1 2 2

65 M.Callahan 0 0 0 3 4

67 G.Fournier 0 0 +1 0 2

70 W.Coetzee 0 0 +1 1 0

A very, very good read for those who love to gather knowledge about prospects by none other than Snapshots' George Malik:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a2y/comments/red_wings_prospect_tournament_win_lopsided_in_more_ways_than_one/

Forwards:

Mitchell Callahan-Landon Ferraro “A"-Andrej Nestrasil

Louis-Marc Aubry-Brooks Macek-Darren Archibald

Trevor Parkes-Brent Raedeke-Stephen Johnston

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson “A"-Willie Coetzee

Defensemen:

Brian Lashoff “A” (permanent “A” and acting captain)--Gleason Fournier

Brendan Smith-Travis Ehrhardt

Alex Cord-Sebastien Piche

Goaltender:

Thomas McCollum

Scratches: Petr Mrazek (goalie), Jordan Pearce (goalie), Antonin Honejsek (forward), Brenden Kitchton (defenseman), Marc Zanetti (defenseman)

The individuals came together as a collective, found a Stars team off-balance and off-kilter, and managed to apply a relentless forecheck of Babcockian style and converted it into goals that pushed a big, mean and intimidating Stars roster full of [you know what] and vinegar back onto its heels. Once the Wings’ prospects had the Stars back on their heels, they kept pushing, and by the latter half of the third period, the game really Petered out because there was nothing left for either team to do than play till the clock ran down to zero. If there was a mercy rule, it would have been employed around the halfway point of the third period. None of the rambunctious Stars even wanted to get in a fight, and the shot clock read 38-18 because a team that has yet to come together was opportunistic and played like a team that was more than the sum of its sometimes-squeaking parts.

Perhaps adding to the irony, the Stars had to walk from one rink to the other as their locker room wasn’t anywhere near the playing surface. Maybe that had something to do with the result. They looked like a team that needed to get to the locker room faster than their feet could take them after the first period, and that caught up with them.

going to be good to get Malik onto a place where he doesn't just post stuff from other places.. he's got really good insight..

incase people don't know he's joining KK full time soon

Let me tell you, folks, I only caught it in passing, between periods, watching from the north end of the rink down low rather than my normal perch a few rows off center ice, but the Death Stare is real, folks, and you should not look directly into it. You shouldn’t look half-way at it. It might damage your eyesight permanently, like that one-watt laser pointer

:D :D :D

going to be good to get Malik onto a place where he doesn't just post stuff from other places.. he's got really good insight..

incase people don't know he's joining KK full time soon

Actually I don't quite get Malik's full time gig. Will he just write his own opinion on stuff or will he do that in addition to keeping Wings fans updated on the latest news from virtually every source possible?

Actually I don't quite get Malik's full time gig. Will he just write his own opinion on stuff or will he do that in addition to keeping Wings fans updated on the latest news from virtually every source possible?

From what I got out of it he will be doing the same exact stuff, and reporting on the same exact stuff he does now but it will just be on KK instead of mlive. Same job, different location.

Edited by cjm502