• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Who will be the whipping boys for '10-'11?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I think quiet many people will be surprised how solid Salei is given that he stays healthy, babcock loves him, he loves babcock...you all will see... he is an improvement over lilja, and lebda is no more, the D won't be as frustrating to watch this season, count on it.

Edited by mindfly

I predict the choice of whipping boy will be divided among the following sub-groups on LGW:

Pro-Lilja - Salei

Pro-Hudler - Filppula

Anti-Ozzie - Howard

Pro-Enforcer - Hudler, Modano, anyone on the 3rd or 4th lines that doesn't fight

Personally, I think that no one is really immune to being the occasional "whipping boy", except maybe Lidstrom, who can do no wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but mistakes can lead to losses and no one on this board likes it when the Wings lose.

My early odd-on favorite is Bertuzzi though, he is the closest thing we have to a Sammy/Lebda/WIlliams type who makes a lot of the same kind of mental errors on a regular basis.

TSN reports Modano is playing on a line with Cleary and Hudler. I think whipping boy will share the "A" amongst these three. Mo is particularly vulnerable, as he is the wild card/"new" guy.

Unless the goalies suck -- then, either one of them is in the line of fire around here. ;)

I will throw Kris Draper into the mix. Taking bad penalties, and losing at the faceoff dot. Then if Maltby cracks the lineup, I will add him to.

Even the best faceoff man in Detroit isn't good enough. That sounds about right. His 20-some penalty minutes really killed his team last year.

Even the best faceoff man in Detroit isn't good enough. That sounds about right. His 20-some penalty minutes really killed his team last year.

What does Datsyuk have to do with this? :P

Of those players taking a significant number of faceoffs, Dats led the team at 55.1% Drapes was good at 52% but only took 319 faceoffs, one more than Abdelkader. Compared to Zetterberg with 1098, Datsyuk with 1070, Helm with 875, and Flip with 573.

He's still good at them, but he's not really a key faceoff guy anymore. I honestly don't have much problem with Draper's game. He's still a good 3rd/4th line guy. It's just his contract that's painful.

As for penalties, Bert is still king with 80 PIMs and 35 minor penalties. I'm afraid to know how many of those were in the offensive zone.

I agree with anyone who says Bertuzzi, he is primed to be the whipping boy this year. The good news is that if we need any opposing players punched in the back of the head he's there for us. :P

Real fans don't hang players on their team out to dry. These are your Red Wings, take em or leave em. Mistakes happen in the game. Players have bad seasons and a bad stretch of luck. Its hockey. This is why its a team sport. Win as a team. Lose as a team.

I predict the choice of whipping boy will be divided among the following sub-groups on LGW:

Pro-Lilja - Salei

Pro-Hudler - Filppula

Anti-Ozzie - Howard

Pro-Enforcer - Hudler, Modano, anyone on the 3rd or 4th lines that doesn't fight

Hi there. :lol:

Bertuzzi will take a beating as a whipping boy. But, for the sake of originality and surprise, the whipping boy will be Kronwall. His enormous untapped potential added to Nick Lidstrom's eventual retirement on top of his propensity to be injured and he could be very well setup for failure.

Ericsson you suck :ranting:

Ericsson jsut made another bonehead play

lol you piece of s*** Ericsson.

If he was battling for a spot, that would have earned him a spot in GR.

Ericcson looks the same

lol Ericsson...

After those comments in the White vs Red game today I'm switching my pick to Ericsson, all in. :P

Guest best poster in LGW history

i'm guessing ozzie will post a sub-.890 sv% for the 3rd consecutive season.

Guest best poster in LGW history

i'm guessing ozzie will post a sub-.890 sv% for the 3rd consecutive season.

good call

Guest mindfly

Bert can atleast score beauty goals... Ericsson can't score, can't defend, has a huge fraem but doesnt use it.. what exactly does ericsson do