• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Who will be the whipping boys for '10-'11?

Rate this topic

Ericsson <_<

I'm a fan of his but lately I've been obsessing on his negatives. Ken and Mickey mentioned how last year the PK made such a significant improvement from when the season started to when it ended. The first thing I thought was, "Yeah, probably because Ericsson wasn't on it anymore" and then followed that up with "...Where the hell did that come from?"

I really hope that he won't become just another "so much potential and yet just couldn't put it all together" stories.

Guest Shoreline

When in doubt just throw Ozzie or Bert or Flip (old faithful) under the bus -- which precedes a cannonball off the bandwagon.

Edited by Shoreline

I should know the answer to this question better than anyone, since I'm usually one of the catalysts for this kind of stuff.

Let's just say I'll be keeping my eye on Hudler and Ericsson. :D

Wow, not only were you the first to suggest Hudler, you are the ONLY one to suggest Hudler. Puckloo gets an assist for suggesting it would be one of the 3rd line.

I think the days of "Hudler is lazy and he sucks" are pretty much over

*facepalm*

Edited by Nev

While Hudler is not my "whipping boy", I certainly am disappointed with his lack of production so far and the fact that he looks a little lost, and half step behind, and late for the play too often. Not happy with Hudler.

Guest CaliWingsNut

He's been under the radar (aka. he's been playing ok), but my pick is still Bertuzzi. He made several mistakes last game.

Not throwing them under the bus or anything (we are 8-3-1 right now afterall), but my whipping boys have become Hudler and Modano. I don't like the fact that they're getting special attention when the blue-collar boys that are really working at 110% (Miller and Eaves) are being forced to sit. Just because Huds and MikeyMo are sniper stars doesn't mean you should bench the players that are working their back ends off.

Just my 2 cents.

Not throwing them under the bus or anything (we are 8-3-1 right now afterall), but my whipping boys have become Hudler and Modano. I don't like the fact that they're getting special attention when the blue-collar boys that are really working at 110% (Miller and Eaves) are being forced to sit. Just because Huds and MikeyMo are sniper stars doesn't mean you should bench the players that are working their back ends off.

Just my 2 cents.

You don't have to be a grinder type to be working hard. Just sayin.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I thought Modano was fine tonight. He got an assist, and didn't do anything much to hurt that I noticed.

Hudler did little more than get knocked off the puck. He also uncharacteristically (for a Red Wing) tossed away the puck at one point for a line change, and not during a pk.