• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Luongo gives up Canucks captaincy

Rate this topic

The clear choice is obviously Samuelsson :blink:

Seriously though, I think it almost has to be Kesler - He has shown a ton of leadership, plays the game the right way and I don't think you can give either of the Sedin's the C, without giving it to both of them and having a co-captaincy (which would be gimicky and laughable at the NHL level)

C - Kesler

A - Sedin

A - Sedin

done and done.

the sedin co-captaincy would be as gimicky and laughable as having a goalie as captain with the C on his mask instead of his jersey.

Yes he will fight, but most Canucks fans hope he doesn't. He's not that good at it and he's too valuable to risk anyways. Let Rypien do Kesler's fighting for him.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said, but when it comes to "I don't see the same captain like fire from Henrik that I do from Kesler", you could say the same thing about Lidstrom. Some leaders are quiet and some are more vocal. Both can be either good or bad in my opinion.

i definately think captain when i look at lids. he has the same calming presense on the wings that Yzerman had. Steve had a little more fire, but you can say something for a guy that always has a cool head. i sure couldn't keep a cool head like lids when someone f***s with my team...lids likes teeing em' up on the PP though, so he doesn't want his guys matching minors. Z's gonna make a great captain alot like Stevie Y.

Maybe they could do the Wild thing and rotate the C. Each Sedin gets it for a month and no one knows or cares whose turn it is.

After the failed experiment that made Luongo captain, I have a feeling the Canucks are going to go with a traditional single captain.

It should definitely be Kesler or, if not him, one of the Sedins.

As far as a defenseman currently on the roster, their best choice is Sami Salo, which is hilarious. Among recent members of the roster, Mattias Ohlund would have been the obvious choice for captain, but he's in Tampa now. None of the other forwards really fit the spot as a team leader except for maybe Malhotra, and he has played zero games with his new team. Candidate for an 'A' perhaps, but definitely not the 'C' on his sweater.