• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

It would appear they are sitting next to each other in the locker rooms so I doubt there is a problem.

Posted Image

(Note the #24 on the helmet)

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#22 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

I think that quote was taken out of context, he was saying that the media makes a bigger deal of things than is really there.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

It would appear they are sitting next to each other in the locker rooms so I doubt there is a problem.

Posted Image

I like that picture, it makes me want the season to start that much sooner! Lets go Red WingsPosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image

I'd venture to guess this isn't an accident though.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'd venture to guess this isn't an accident though.

Very few things seem to be by accident.

#26 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

I wonder if that could be an empty locker in memory of that recently deceased former #24.

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

#27 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

It has already been confirmed that Salei will wear 24.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#28 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

Well there's Modano saying this:

Modano said the incident is in the past and he harbors no ill will.

"He's always been a hard guy to play against. I've had my run-ins with him when he was in Anaheim and wherever,'' Modano said. "He's a real in-your-face guy, he plays hard, he plays physical. That's all you can ask for, and that's what happens in hockey. You get caught in awkward situations when you're off-balance.''

And Salei saying this:

"I haven't gotten the chance to officially apologize to him," Salei said. "I probably will as soon as I see him so we can put that behind us. I don't think it's something that would stay between us. I don't think it's going to affect our relationship in any way."

So my guess is the situation is under control.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#29 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

It has already been confirmed that Salei will wear 24.

I thought about that after I posted. That would sure make my scenario seem odd. Thanks for the extra kick in the memory bank.

#30 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image

Is it a common thing that newcomers sit together in the Wings locker room? If not, perhaps, it was made for them to discuss the problem they had in the past...
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

Didn't Drake once send Lebda to the hospital, or was that just a best-case scenario I thought up once? If so, it didn't ruin their chances of winning a Cup together.

#32 9-HoweFan

9-HoweFan

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

Well, it was 11 years ago, he probably would just rather forget the whole thing, especially now that he is going to have to be watching Mikey's back. I know players have long memories, as do reporters, but at what point does history become history? Imagine if, 5 or 6 years from now, Halvat and Kronwall end up on the same team, do you think either of them are going to want to discuss the hit from '09? My guess is no, they will likely be ready to let by-gones be by-gones and focus on the future.

Excellent point (highlighted), I'm sure if Salei creams a guy for a hit on Modano, it would ease any rifts at this point. I'm sure both came here to win a Cup, if that happens then that will not be an issue.

Good call. :clap:
Gordie Howe
All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

Didn't Drake once send Lebda to the hospital, or was that just a best-case scenario I thought up once? If so, it didn't ruin their chances of winning a Cup together.

He sent him off the ice on a stretcher after a nasty hit from behind back in 2007, I believe.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

We should sign Steve Moore. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

He sent him off the ice on a stretcher after a nasty hit from behind back in 2007, I believe.

Yeah in behind the net and Chelios grabbed Drake but didn't fight him. I don't know why I remember that so vividly but I do

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#36 RedWingsFan13

RedWingsFan13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

My response to this is simple.... Chris Chelios.

EDIT: and would Kenny or Babs really sign the guy if he was going to bring bad blood in the locker room, or if Mo was going to be upset and butt hurt. I dont think so.

Edited by RedWingsFan13, 15 September 2010 - 11:42 AM.

#37 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

It was a head on hit behind the net where Drake had a lot of steam and just leveled Lebda. I do believe he visited him in the hospital though that night. Just goes to show, Drake is awesome.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#38 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

I like that picture, it makes me want the season to start that much sooner! Lets go Red WingsPosted Image

an empty stall?? man you are hurting for hockey=) hehehe
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#39 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid.

Contrary to popular belief, not everything needs to be brought out into the open and discussed. They're two old school warriors. It'll be fine.

well put. and salei was never flagged as a dirty player. hockey is a fast game and modano has wheels. at the speed the play was going when modano went accordian into the boards, salei wasn't trying to hurt modano. you can never tell if you're gonna send a guy that hard to the end boards. he shoved modano and modano lost his balance and lunged forward into the boards. it was ugly, but atleast mikey recovered. same thing happened this past year with ovie and campbell i believe. a strong guy finishes a hit at high speed and the recipient really felt it. it's not like if claude lemieux threw the hit...then you'd know there was attempt to injure...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#40 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

I wouldn't mess with Big Mike

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1