• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Salei Comments on History With Modano and New Season

Rate this topic

It would appear they are sitting next to each other in the locker rooms so I doubt there is a problem.

47549_428515539138_16313679138_5057206_7613835_n.jpg

(Note the #24 on the helmet)

I wonder if that could be an empty locker in memory of that recently deceased former #24.

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Well there's Modano saying this:

Modano said the incident is in the past and he harbors no ill will.

"He's always been a hard guy to play against. I've had my run-ins with him when he was in Anaheim and wherever,'' Modano said. "He's a real in-your-face guy, he plays hard, he plays physical. That's all you can ask for, and that's what happens in hockey. You get caught in awkward situations when you're off-balance.''

And Salei saying this:

"I haven't gotten the chance to officially apologize to him," Salei said. "I probably will as soon as I see him so we can put that behind us. I don't think it's something that would stay between us. I don't think it's going to affect our relationship in any way."

So my guess is the situation is under control.

It would appear they are sitting next to each other in the locker rooms so I doubt there is a problem.

47549_428515539138_16313679138_5057206_7613835_n.jpg

(Note the #24 on the helmet)

Is it a common thing that newcomers sit together in the Wings locker room? If not, perhaps, it was made for them to discuss the problem they had in the past...

Well, it was 11 years ago, he probably would just rather forget the whole thing, especially now that he is going to have to be watching Mikey's back. I know players have long memories, as do reporters, but at what point does history become history? Imagine if, 5 or 6 years from now, Halvat and Kronwall end up on the same team, do you think either of them are going to want to discuss the hit from '09? My guess is no, they will likely be ready to let by-gones be by-gones and focus on the future.

Excellent point (highlighted), I'm sure if Salei creams a guy for a hit on Modano, it would ease any rifts at this point. I'm sure both came here to win a Cup, if that happens then that will not be an issue.

Good call. :clap:

He sent him off the ice on a stretcher after a nasty hit from behind back in 2007, I believe.

Yeah in behind the net and Chelios grabbed Drake but didn't fight him. I don't know why I remember that so vividly but I do

My response to this is simple.... Chris Chelios.

EDIT: and would Kenny or Babs really sign the guy if he was going to bring bad blood in the locker room, or if Mo was going to be upset and butt hurt. I dont think so.

Edited by RedWingsFan13

He sent him off the ice on a stretcher after a nasty hit from behind back in 2007, I believe.

It was a head on hit behind the net where Drake had a lot of steam and just leveled Lebda. I do believe he visited him in the hospital though that night. Just goes to show, Drake is awesome.

esteef

Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid.

Contrary to popular belief, not everything needs to be brought out into the open and discussed. They're two old school warriors. It'll be fine.

well put. and salei was never flagged as a dirty player. hockey is a fast game and modano has wheels. at the speed the play was going when modano went accordian into the boards, salei wasn't trying to hurt modano. you can never tell if you're gonna send a guy that hard to the end boards. he shoved modano and modano lost his balance and lunged forward into the boards. it was ugly, but atleast mikey recovered. same thing happened this past year with ovie and campbell i believe. a strong guy finishes a hit at high speed and the recipient really felt it. it's not like if claude lemieux threw the hit...then you'd know there was attempt to injure...

Guest Crymson

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537445

Probably reading too much into this, but it doesn't sound as if Modano and Salei will be getting along very well. Salei basically says "We'll just have to ignore each other and work as best we can."

I doubt it. Having locker room tension is horrible for a team. I doubt Babcock and Holland will allow it; Holland has, for a long time, certainly done a good job of preventing it; he doesn't sign players known to have bad attitudes, etc. etc.

It was a head on hit behind the net where Drake had a lot of steam and just leveled Lebda. I do believe he visited him in the hospital though that night. Just goes to show, Drake is awesome.

esteef

Yes. That is the hit of which I spake. Dally even stayed with him for a while there so he wouldn't be lonely.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Salei and Modano are going to settle this once and for all with a Hungry Hungry Hippos Tournament at an undisclosed diner on Thursday, September 16. Be there or be square.

hhhippo.jpg

i LOLed this for like 5 minutes :lol: