Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Henrik Zetterberg
Autograph Signing Event
Hockeytown Authentics
1845 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083
Autographs are guaranteed for the first 400 people with wristbands. Wristbands will be handed out starting at 10am at Hockeytown Authentics in exchange for a smoke detector or $10 donation for the Red Wings Foundation and local fire departments.
Those that receive wristbands may begin to line up for the Autograph Signing at 4:00 pm at the earliest.
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#2 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

Henrik Zetterberg
Autograph Signing Event
Hockeytown Authentics
1845 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083
Autographs are guaranteed for the first 400 people with wristbands. Wristbands will be handed out starting at 10am at Hockeytown Authentics in exchange for a smoke detector or $10 donation for the Red Wings Foundation and local fire departments.
Those that receive wristbands may begin to line up for the Autograph Signing at 4:00 pm at the earliest.

Gah wish I could afford to skip work. I need to get my Z jersey signed!

#3 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

I read auto signing in the title and thought who would wanna get their stuff auto signed? Like one of those signature replicators? But since he's actually going to be there signing...

Meh. I live 3500 miles (or so) away, can't make it.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#4 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

10am... My god. Let the war for wrist bands begin! I will be there at 8 waiting... ugh.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#5 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

Hmmm.... I have one more vacation day left...

The first 400 are guaranteed autographs, does that mean anyone else left in line might still get one on a first come first serve basis?

#6 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

I'm guessing. I wonder how advertised this is. I really want to go but I don't really want to drive all the way out to Troy to maybe get a wristband. Plus I'd have to likely skip all 3 of my classes for the day which isn't exactly something that would be in my best academic interest.

I'd send someone for me to go but it's also the opportunity to meet the guy...decisions decisions.

Edit (in regards to the bolded part): I got an email with this event as a newsletter. I was kind of hoping that it would be a little more obscure, but I guess not.

So I guess I'll ask: anyone been to anything like this before? Obviously all players will have their lines, but a popular player like Zetterberg will have more of a fan desperation to get an autograph. So for those of you who have been to a signing like this, how early did you show up/about how many people showed up and were there when you got there? I appreciate any response.

Edited by lookalive07, 15 September 2010 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image

#7 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

I'm guessing. I wonder how advertised this is.

Yeah, I received an emailed newsletter too. I'm assuming its going to be packed, and you'll need to devote most of the day to it. Hockeytown is only about 3 miles form my house, but I'd have to take the day off work in order to get a wristband, and vacation days are precious.

At least the Kocur/D-Mac signing is on a Saturday :cool:

#8 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:36 AM

I bet my left kidney I will be working on Thursday. Got to find a way to get the day off. I'm leaving the country on the 28th, who knows when I'll get this chance again.

It does seem like a whole day event-- god, I wish the few Wings fans friends I have didn't work then either. I hate going to signings alone.

Hit it hard in Royal Oak... but I'll see you all in Detroit. Friday 11am.

Pav's going to dance for Hank. -Osgood on Zed's birthday
I love the dark meat. -Homer on turkey
Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#9 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Email popped up on my BB and stopped reading after the 10am deal. Not worth it for me.

Kudos to all who wait and get his Herbie Hancock

Good thing is people have to bring smoke detectors. A good cause for sure.

Gotta love Z and the Wings organization.

Edited by Rivalred, 15 September 2010 - 11:15 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#10 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

Email popped up on my BB and stopped reading after the 10am deal. Not worth it for me.

Kudos to all who wait and get his Herbie Hancock

Good thing is people have to bring smoke detectors. A good cause for sure.

Gotta love Z and the Wings organization.

This just in: Man dies in horrid fire due to child trading smoke detector for autograph.

#11 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

can someone get something signed for me ive been dying for his autograph

#12 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

can someone get something signed for me ive been dying for his autograph

Sorry man it's a one autograph per person situation. You either get someone who doesn't want one or you go yourself. Bites I know...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#13 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:38 AM

It's been advertised on detroitredwings.com and their official Facebook has posted it as news. I'm guessing this will be a madhouse. Be prepared.

#14 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

Who-- if I get the day off-- wants to camp out at the break of dawn?

I wonder how much you can get signed. I bet only one thing and no pictures. I can't decide between my jersey which has been with me since I was a kid or my Swedish player poster.

Sorry man it's a one autograph per person situation. You either get someone who doesn't want one or you go yourself. Bites I know...

CRAP.

I'll pay someone to get that poster signed.

Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#15 MichWingz

MichWingz

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

Just a heads up as i am sure things have changed since then but... Z's rookie year i went to a siging of his and holmers. And they came together over 2 HOURS late. In all I waited just over 6 hours in line to get their autos. I listened to 2 complete college football games on the radio. Like I said, im sure things have changed. Atleast i hope! :(

#16 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

I only had one class at 9am today and s*** else to do, so I left an hour before the class ended and picked up my mom (she got me into hockey and collecting red wings stuff 20 years ago at age 5). We got to hockeytown authentics at 10:50 on a slim chance of still being able to get a wrist band, and they were out.

I guess the line wrapped all the way around the building and there were 400 people there well before 10am.

I figured this was gonna happen, so I waited around for the long haul, explored troy a bit, and went back to hockeytown authentics at 3:00. probably a total of about 100-150 people showed up that didnt have a wrist band, and zetterberg signed for everyone.

victory.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Wow, that was very cool of him to do.

#18 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

I want to get Bertuzzi to sign my jersey. Any opportunities that he every does a signing?
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#19 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Whoa, buddy did you get two autographs or was that what your mother got signed?

Made in Detroit

#20 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Its what my mom got signed, haha.

I had the 8x10 and she bought the puck at hockeytown authentics.

I had another 8x10, but she wanted to get the puck and bought it, so thats fine with me.

there was still abunch of people behind me, and i was happy enough just to get through the line as is since i didnt have a wristband, so i didnt try and go back in for another sig.

but chris chelios did a free signing at verizon wireless in canton a couple months ago, and he was fine with signing a second item, but there were tons more people at this.

plus it was a charity thing, and trying for two items would have been a dick move, but im sure a few people tried.