Rate this topic

Henrik Zetterberg

Autograph Signing Event

Henrik Zetterberg will sign autographs

Thursday, September 23rd

5-7pm

Hockeytown Authentics

1845 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083

Autographs are guaranteed for the first 400 people with wristbands. Wristbands will be handed out starting at 10am at Hockeytown Authentics in exchange for a smoke detector or $10 donation for the Red Wings Foundation and local fire departments.

Those that receive wristbands may begin to line up for the Autograph Signing at 4:00 pm at the earliest.

Henrik Zetterberg

Autograph Signing Event

Henrik Zetterberg will sign autographs

Thursday, September 23rd

5-7pm

Hockeytown Authentics

1845 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083

Autographs are guaranteed for the first 400 people with wristbands. Wristbands will be handed out starting at 10am at Hockeytown Authentics in exchange for a smoke detector or $10 donation for the Red Wings Foundation and local fire departments.

Those that receive wristbands may begin to line up for the Autograph Signing at 4:00 pm at the earliest.

Gah wish I could afford to skip work. I need to get my Z jersey signed!

Guest CaliWingsNut

I read auto signing in the title and thought who would wanna get their stuff auto signed? Like one of those signature replicators? But since he's actually going to be there signing...

Meh. I live 3500 miles (or so) away, can't make it.

I'm guessing. I wonder how advertised this is. I really want to go but I don't really want to drive all the way out to Troy to maybe get a wristband. Plus I'd have to likely skip all 3 of my classes for the day which isn't exactly something that would be in my best academic interest.

I'd send someone for me to go but it's also the opportunity to meet the guy...decisions decisions.

Edit (in regards to the bolded part): I got an email with this event as a newsletter. I was kind of hoping that it would be a little more obscure, but I guess not.

So I guess I'll ask: anyone been to anything like this before? Obviously all players will have their lines, but a popular player like Zetterberg will have more of a fan desperation to get an autograph. So for those of you who have been to a signing like this, how early did you show up/about how many people showed up and were there when you got there? I appreciate any response.

Edited by lookalive07

I'm guessing. I wonder how advertised this is.

Yeah, I received an emailed newsletter too. I'm assuming its going to be packed, and you'll need to devote most of the day to it. Hockeytown is only about 3 miles form my house, but I'd have to take the day off work in order to get a wristband, and vacation days are precious.

At least the Kocur/D-Mac signing is on a Saturday :cool:

I bet my left kidney I will be working on Thursday. Got to find a way to get the day off. I'm leaving the country on the 28th, who knows when I'll get this chance again.

It does seem like a whole day event-- god, I wish the few Wings fans friends I have didn't work then either. I hate going to signings alone.

Email popped up on my BB and stopped reading after the 10am deal. Not worth it for me.

Kudos to all who wait and get his Herbie Hancock

Good thing is people have to bring smoke detectors. A good cause for sure.

Gotta love Z and the Wings organization.

Edited by Rivalred

Guest CaliWingsNut

Email popped up on my BB and stopped reading after the 10am deal. Not worth it for me.

Kudos to all who wait and get his Herbie Hancock

Good thing is people have to bring smoke detectors. A good cause for sure.

Gotta love Z and the Wings organization.

This just in: Man dies in horrid fire due to child trading smoke detector for autograph.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's been advertised on detroitredwings.com and their official Facebook has posted it as news. I'm guessing this will be a madhouse. Be prepared.

Who-- if I get the day off-- wants to camp out at the break of dawn?

I wonder how much you can get signed. I bet only one thing and no pictures. I can't decide between my jersey which has been with me since I was a kid or my Swedish player poster.

Sorry man it's a one autograph per person situation. You either get someone who doesn't want one or you go yourself. Bites I know...

CRAP.

I'll pay someone to get that poster signed.

Just a heads up as i am sure things have changed since then but... Z's rookie year i went to a siging of his and holmers. And they came together over 2 HOURS late. In all I waited just over 6 hours in line to get their autos. I listened to 2 complete college football games on the radio. Like I said, im sure things have changed. Atleast i hope! :(

I only had one class at 9am today and s*** else to do, so I left an hour before the class ended and picked up my mom (she got me into hockey and collecting red wings stuff 20 years ago at age 5). We got to hockeytown authentics at 10:50 on a slim chance of still being able to get a wrist band, and they were out.

I guess the line wrapped all the way around the building and there were 400 people there well before 10am.

I figured this was gonna happen, so I waited around for the long haul, explored troy a bit, and went back to hockeytown authentics at 3:00. probably a total of about 100-150 people showed up that didnt have a wrist band, and zetterberg signed for everyone.

victory.

dhg1zb.jpg

1ptlxg.jpg

Its what my mom got signed, haha.

I had the 8x10 and she bought the puck at hockeytown authentics.

I had another 8x10, but she wanted to get the puck and bought it, so thats fine with me.

there was still abunch of people behind me, and i was happy enough just to get through the line as is since i didnt have a wristband, so i didnt try and go back in for another sig.

but chris chelios did a free signing at verizon wireless in canton a couple months ago, and he was fine with signing a second item, but there were tons more people at this.

plus it was a charity thing, and trying for two items would have been a dick move, but im sure a few people tried.

Ah, thank god. I would have kicked myself if that happened. I was torn between my jersey and Swedish player poster but settled with the jersey. And yeah, I didn't bother asking since I knew it was a charity.

if i didn't have to work believe me i would of went. love hank.

my mom drove past hockeytown authentics around 9am and said the line was insane.

Went very fast once they past out the wrist bands and once Hank was there, everything flew buy.

toapost.jpg

The Time Of Arrival. Out of the 400 wristbands, I ended up being 396. So it gives you an idea of when you needed to be there. I was lucky to get a band.

panopost.jpg

The LINE... Around the building and around 150 people didn't receive wristbands.

zettpost.jpg

The MAN. He was very happy and in a good mood. I stuck around and was like the 15th person in line to see him.

zettautopost.jpg

The Autograph. Love it, he really liked my drawing and shook my hand. Onto the next one!