23 replies to this topic

#21 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

I do wonder if Babcock ever blinked 1st and lost a staring contest

Babcock is the only person every to beat Chuck Norris in a staring contest. He almost beat the sun, but the sun cheated because it has no eyes and therefore can't blink.
  • Nev likes this

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#22 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

I think people are fooling themselves by thinking Yzerman will return. Remember, Yzerman would have to be done with Tampa Bay at the exact same time that Holland retires. Odds are very slim. Holland isn't going to retire a year or two earlier than he wants just so Yzerman can get the job, and Yzerman isn't going to not give 100% to Tampa Bay because he's waiting for Holland's job to open up.

Agreed on what your saying but there could be a different way to approach it. Assuming Holland does retire and a year or two Yzermans contract runs out and he joins the teams as an assistant GM and the following year as a GM.

I'm 75% sure Yzerman will one day be the GM of this team. When? That I cannot answer you but I am pretty sure the ownership / fans all want that to happen. Will it happen? Will never know but looking at some facts on how his family is in Detroit, his career was all in Detroit etc... Chances look good ... but at the end of the day ... It might not happen.

I don't think we're fooling ourselves tho, I think the possibilities are really good.

#23 Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Awesome news but Bab's contract won't be longer than Ken Holland's own contract.

#24 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

30 Years / 150 Million

Get it done Kenny

Then we might lose draft picks :(

So lets make it 28 years and $140M. :P