• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Draper's face after The Turtle boarded him

Rate this topic

As summer is winding down and the season is less than a 9 iron away, I thought I'd get this out of the way before the season starts.

While the Wings-Avs rivalry threads never get old, this Top 10 Wings_Avs Moments video (from ESPN?) actually shows how badly damaged Draper's face was by Lemieux's hit from behind. It's at the end of the video (it's part of the #1 moment) but there is plenty to keep you occupied up until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYCT-nJH894&feature=related

As summer is winding down and the season is less than a 9 iron away, I thought I'd get this out of the way before the season starts.

While the Wings-Avs rivalry threads never get old, this Top 10 Wings_Avs Moments video (from ESPN?) actually shows how badly damaged Draper's face was by Lemieux's hit from behind. It's at the end of the video (it's part of the #1 moment) but there is plenty to keep you occupied up until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYCT-nJH894&feature=related

It's from TSN, the Canadian ESPN. Still awesome, regardless.

Thanks for posting that. That silly Avs announcer called about 4 rights and 3 uppercuts that never occurred in that Ozzy/Roy fight. Heh.

If you're talking about the audio from the video, that's Detroit's announcer at the time. Pre-Ken Daniels, but Mickey Redmond is in on it.

If you're talking about the audio from the video, that's Detroit's announcer at the time. Pre-Ken Daniels, but Mickey Redmond is in on it.

Yeah that always pissed me off about that call. Considering the size difference between Ozzie and Roy, I thought Oz did pretty damn well. He took some punches admirably (not nearly as many as the announcer suggested) and didn't cower or turtle. He got in a few good shots of his own, and then got the takedown.

Good video, what a great rivalry. I'm really tempted to watch the fightnight at the Joe game. I have it as part of a DVD collection I bought a while back. The entire game is just incredible, one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.

That's not the guy between Dave Strader and Ken Daniels. I can't remember his name, but that's not him.

Guest Stolberg

Is them getting Quincey from us on that list? I keed I keed!

esteef

well technically they got Quincey from the Kings

I love what Ciccarelli said after that game when Draper got hit from behind. That is one of the quotes I will never ever forget, however that was Dino's last game as a Wing! I really wish he would have been on the 97 team, I always liked him and he was a fan fav!!

Actaully its from the NHL Network, I know because I uploaded that video lol. There was more to it (interviews and couple clips were a little longer). I had to keep it under 10 minutes since this was before youtube changed the video length to 15. I might re-upload it again sometime in the near future.

Also that's Colorado's announcer. He still does their games today and is one of the biggest homers in the league.

Edited by woodrow40

I love what Ciccarelli said after that game when Draper got hit from behind. That is one of the quotes I will never ever forget, however that was Dino's last game as a Wing! I really wish he would have been on the 97 team, I always liked him and he was a fan fav!!

:thumbup:

I was thinking about Cicarelli the other day and I, also, will never forget what he said there. I really was sad when he retired after that season. That season was one of the greats. People who didn't watch then do not realize how amazing the 1996 season was because we didn't win a Cup...but we should have. That season was so bitter sweet. We have so many injuries after our 7 game stint with the Blues and then the dirty Avs just took their toll on us, unfortunately. Spawned a pretty heated rivalry for a few years though.

I was thinking about Cicarelli the other day and I, also, will never forget what he said there. I really was sad when he retired after that season. That season was one of the greats. People who didn't watch then do not realize how amazing the 1996 season was because we didn't win a Cup...but we should have. That season was so bitter sweet. We have so many injuries after our 7 game stint with the Blues and then the dirty Avs just took their toll on us, unfortunately. Spawned a pretty heated rivalry for a few years though.

Actually, he retired four seasons later after splitting time between the Lightning and Panthers. That's what sucked so bad. He was still in the league when the Wings went back to back. :(

It was only a matter of time before Bowman got sick of him. It sucked to see him go though. I remember he decked Enrico Cicconi(?), dude was like 6'3 or something. Played for the Hawks at the time. Knocked him right on his ass if I remember correctly.

Edited by Broken 16