• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Lilja gets training camp invitation to Sharks

Rate this topic

I feel bad for Lilja, and I hope he makes the team. I think that he would be a good fit on the Sharks. I like the Sharks, so it would be easy to root for him there.

Edited by LidsFan

I hope Lilja gets to camp in time to partake in the diving lessons.

Lol... I'm pretty sure the handbook will be required reading on the flight in. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson tripped him up coming off the plane in order to assess his skills.

Edited by Broken 16

Lilja did spend the first 2 1/2 years of his career in LA, so it is not that crazy a thought for him to go to San Jose. He is basically a lock to make the team and has a realistic chance at making the top four. None of that could be said about his chances in Detroit, especially not after Salei was signed.

I wasn't much of a fan in the early days, but I think we were all expecting something different than the player we got. I started to warm to him a bit as he started to play well, but it's a shame he got injured. Good luck to him and his family, I hope he makes the team and does well.

As for jerseys, all I have so far is Red Wings jerseys, so I think it's time to update my closet with some jerseys from the other teams that I like. I think a blue Staal Rangers jersey will be next.

Hmmm...we're pregnant with a girl; can a girl be named Lilja? Lilja May Lowell?

My wife is seriously contemplating "Stevie". She adores Yzerman. (But who doesn't)

Edit: WHat happenned to the negs? You could just neg me if you didn't like it instead of hijacking an entire thread with replies. Sorry.

Edited by T.Low

My wife is seriously contemplating "Stevie". She adores Yzerman. (But who doesn't)

You could always call her Andrea. Just put the accent on the right syllable.

Of course any girl big enough that it takes more than one person to be pregnant with her is not going to get a lot of guff no matter what you name her.

My hamster is Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan. I haven't told him about us losing Lilja yet.

Edited by 55fan

Edit: WHat happenned to the negs? You could just neg me if you didn't like it instead of hijacking an entire thread with replies. Sorry.

Lilja is Swedish for Lily so that would work.

As a matter of fact it sounds like a beautiful girl's name in Swedish. Makes me wonder why I never heard of anyone with Lilja as a first name.

How are you coping?

Definitely not happy that he's not with the Wings, but as long as he doesn't sign with Pittsburgh or Chicago, I suppose I can deal with it.

Hell, if anything, it would give me a legit reason to get a Sharks jersey; I think I'm one of the few who actually likes their jersey.

Guest Heaten

I hope he get's a signed to an NHL team because he's a solid 5th/6th dman. He was rock solid before he got injured... I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Lilja proves to have a better year than Salei.

I hope he get's a signed to an NHL team because he's a solid 5th/6th dman. He was rock solid before he got injured... I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Lilja proves to have a better year than Salei.

Neither would I. I honestly don't see what all the hype is over Salei or what he brings to the table that Lilja doesn't. I still think our PK is going to suffer again without Lils out there (unless we ditch McCrimmon...then, all bets are off).

Neither would I. I honestly don't see what all the hype is over Salei or what he brings to the table that Lilja doesn't. I still think our PK is going to suffer again without Lils out there (unless we ditch McCrimmon...then, all bets are off).

There's hype for Salei?

He's decent, probably one of the best third-pair defensemen out there, but realistically the only way he plays significantly more than 60 games is if Babcock plays the "he's a veteran" card, because there's not a terrible difference in quality level between Ericsson, Kindl, Meech, and Salei so whether they keep all four or just three, Salei would be part of a rotation.