• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

R. Lang goal

Rate this topic

Do you remember that fantastibec goal? 30 seconds left, we were behind 1-2... I can't find it on youtube...

Edit: Want the reason I started a new topic? Can't find it...

Edited by RusDRW

Haha that goal is so hilarious to me...I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my friend and there was a whole table of drunk guys next to us. When there was less than a minute left I yelled "what the f*** is lang out there for, hes so horrible...did they just give up on the game or something" and this drunk guy instantly defended him with "no, langs good bro" and about a half minute later he scored and tied it up. That guy got in my face and was like "You Apologize Right NOW!" I apologized because I was so happy I didn't give a s***, what a great game

That seems like the last time we scored a goal in the playoffs with the goalie pulled, but I'm not sure.

I remember being shellshocked when we scored that goal. It's just not something you expect. I thought we'd be heading home down 3-1, and the series was over. That whole 3rd period, we did s*** offensively, after Homer scored at the end of the 2nd to make it a one goal game. I was pissed at the Wings the whole 3rd period for not doing anything offensively, and then Lang scores a weird goal out of nowhere. Totally classic!

The Sharks had several multi-goal leads in that series, and choked it away.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Crymson

That goal was lazy and it sucked! :-)

Robert Lang was doomed to be a disappointment here due to the fact he was essentially brought in to replace Fedorov.

He was a disappointment because he was lazy as hell.

Haha that goal is so hilarious to me...I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my friend and there was a whole table of drunk guys next to us. When there was less than a minute left I yelled "what the f*** is lang out there for, hes so horrible...did they just give up on the game or something" and this drunk guy instantly defended him with "no, langs good bro" and about a half minute later he scored and tied it up. That guy got in my face and was like "You Apologize Right NOW!" I apologized because I was so happy I didn't give a s***, what a great game

I was watching with some friends too. Lang had been absolutely atrocious--i.e. giving up the puck several times--when out in an empty net situation in game four against Calgary, and so I was livid that he was out on the ice with the empty net in such a vital situation. I started screaming at the TV and got so mad that my vision blurred. When everything cleared up, I saw my friends watching me with amused expressions, and I had to ask what had just happened.

Oh yes do i remember that goal... the wings would have been down 3-1 in the series if they lost... I went from absolute sadness to happiness after that goal

Now that its been a few years I think the wings deserved to lose that series, but the one last year was complete bull... I remember being totally frustrated from the start to finish of every game in that series, except of course game 4

Guest Crymson

wasn't that robert lang who had that goal with the dude hanging on his back? or was that osme no name like mark mowers or someone?

That was Lang; he checked Suter off the puck before scoring on Vokoun from his knees.

Sadly, that was pretty much the only thing Lang did in that playoff year.

That was Lang; he checked Suter off the puck before scoring on Vokoun from his knees.

Sadly, that was pretty much the only thing Lang did in that playoff year.

I am compelled to defend my esteemed colleague, good friend, and blood brother on this account. Robert Lang led the Wings in playoff scoring in 2004 and was on his way to winning the Art Ross during the season before he broke his ribs; tied for Wings' playoff scoring lead in 2006 and put up 60 points despite being third line center behind Hank and Pav; and while he was terrible in 2007 he still managed to contribute with two huge, clutch goals in the playoffs.

All of this info and more will be available in my upcoming book, A Brief History of Lang, set to debut as soon as I find a publisher that considers these historical events as important as I do.

I am compelled to defend my esteemed colleague, good friend, and blood brother on this account. Robert Lang led the Wings in playoff scoring in 2004 and was on his way to winning the Art Ross during the season before he broke his ribs; tied for Wings' playoff scoring lead in 2006 and put up 60 points despite being third line center behind Hank and Pav; and while he was terrible in 2007 he still managed to contribute with two huge, clutch goals in the playoffs.

All of this info and more will be available in my upcoming book, A Brief History of Lang, set to debut as soon as I find a publisher that considers these historical events as important as I do.

I regret that I was not here to experience your Lang input. You are a gentleman and a fine human being. If we ever meet and you are topless, I'll let you borrow my Lang jersey.

I regret that I was not here to experience your Lang input. You are a gentleman and a fine human being. If we ever meet and you are topless, I'll let you borrow my Lang jersey.

If I ever see 'Heroes of Hockeytown' topless I may just vomit

Poor kid looks like he is starving! He will need that jersey just to keep warm. Anorexics try to get to his weight.

Shockingly he eats well, kudos to a good metabolism

The thing I remember most about this goal was that after he scored it and was sitting on the bench, he took a big swig of orange gatorade. Instead of drinking it though, he spit/drooled it out all over his jersey. It was like he thought it was water, disgusting!