• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Who do and did you hate more?

Rate this topic

Pens and Blackhawks for me. Their fans and announcers have this sense of entitlement like theyve been great forever. I got news for both fanbases, you havent. When you pick 1 and 2 in the draft you better damn well get good and frankly it too long for both teams

I like this post.

Hawks and Pens. I hate the "lol, we're a dynasty now!" comments just because they won a single cup. They both seem to think they're the new Detroit, when in reality they're the new Anaheim and will be retooling before they know it...

Hawks and Pens. I hate the "lol, we're a dynasty now!" comments just because they won a single cup. They both seem to think they're the new Detroit, when in reality they're the new Anaheim and will be retooling before they know it...

Aneheim was good for a couple of years before and after their one Cup. If you remember just 1 year before each of these two teams won their Cup, they both got their asses kicked in the playoffs by guess who? Yup, the Wings.

I have more respect for what Aneheim did (though I hate them) because they were contenders for awhile, Pittsburgh and Chicago are really one year wonders and Pittsburgh had the advantage of playing in the East.

The team I hate most is Calgary. I get the most satisfaction beating them over any other team in the NHL, especially when we win in Calgary. Despite beating them in the playoffs in 2007, for some reason I've never gotten over them trapping, gooning, cheapshoting us, and being poor sports in 2004. That entire playoffs the Flames were goons, cheapshot artists, and poor sports. Even in 2007, Iginla butt ended Schneider, then McLennan's two hander on Franzen. Iginla has this aww shucks way about him in the dressing room with the media, but I think has one of the worst tempers in the League. He seems to get a free pass in Canada because he plays for a Canadian team.

2nd is Pittsburgh.

The team I hate most is Calgary. I get the most satisfaction beating them over any other team in the NHL, especially when we win in Calgary. Despite beating them in the playoffs in 2007, for some reason I've never gotten over them trapping, gooning, cheapshoting us, and being poor sports in 2004. That entire playoffs the Flames were goons, cheapshot artists, and poor sports. Even in 2007, Iginla butt ended Schneider, then McLennan's two hander on Franzen. Iginla has this aww shucks way about him in the dressing room with the media, but I think has one of the worst tempers in the League. He seems to get a free pass in Canada because he plays for a Canadian team.

2nd is Pittsburgh.

I was at every home game that series. I still can't believe their level of doucheness in that series.

Avs. without question or debate. The Rivalry between the wings and the Avs, the dirty hit, the retribution Mac and the team took, it was the most intense rivalry I've personally ever experienced between the wings and another team. I dont think anything will ever come close to those years again. To much happened to spark that, on and off the ice.

I don't hate the Avs anymore. The hit on Draper has been avenged, Lemieux will forever be known as (1) a turtle and (2) a wuss when confronted by someone his own size, and we won the rivalry with the 7-0 win in 2002. It's old news with the Avs.

The officials <_<

Bettman and Crosby

I was at every home game that series. I still can't believe their level of doucheness in that series.

I remember too when McCarty signed on with the Flames, one of the Flames players said, "We won't rub it in that we beat him last year". I thought huh? DMac, a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion at the time, is being brought in to show you guys how to win.

Idiots!

Hate implies respect, imo. Which is a good thing.

In that sense, slight edge to the Ducks because when I watched the Wings play them at times I doubted, "Can they beat this team? Can they win against this style of play?" Now that Pronger is gone the Ducks aren't that much of a threat. With the Pens I've never doubted whether or not the Wings could beat them. Still don't.

Ducks: Have an edge to them and have gritty players that make you mad but they play a manly game.

Pens: Piss me off cuz Crosby is the Favre of hockey in the eyes of broadcasters. Get the buttman treatment, franchise should be dead cuz the fans suck but Super Mario (who I respect very much) saved them, are still in Pitts. Bandwagon city, most players on the team ***** and moan as much as they can. Cooke is cheaper then Pronger and doesnt have 2% of his skill. Malkin is a nancy that needs to be smashed in the face by someone like Eaves. I like Jordan Staal and thats about it when it comes to the Pens.

15hjuad.jpg

I think that speaks for itself.

A hate the Hawks just a tad more than I hate the Pens. Aside from that I don't really hate any other team. Don't really have any reason to hate the Avs anymore.

I will forever and always hate Chicago. I can't stand the Bears, Blackhawks, White Sox and Bulls, and anyone who supports them, mainly because of those who support them.

Anaheim's a close second right now just because of Getzlaf and Perry, same with the Avs back in the day and their players. That hate is gone now with their new blood on the team, and I doubt we have a true rivalry like that again.

I don't really hate Pittsburgh, but that loss in 09 got to me bad, mainly because of the media. Our cup win in 08 just didn't seem like the media thought we deserved it because of that commercial that was aired later on: It showed our players celebrating after the horn sounds our Cup victory, but the attention was quickly directed at Crosby and his teammates looking on from the half boards and then still frames, with Crosby saying something like "I never want to go through this feeling again." It was more about the Pens losing, not the Wings winning. Then it got worse in the 09 playoffs as the media and commercials rode the Pens the whole way. Babcock even made a comment about that, saying something along the lines of "You'd think they won the cup already." Then for them to go on and beat us in the final seconds of Game 7, we were quickly an afterthought, like that was any surprise.

Our cup win in 08 just didn't seem like the media thought we deserved it because of that commercial that was aired later on: It showed our players celebrating after the horn sounds our Cup victory, but the attention was quickly directed at Crosby and his teammates looking on from the half boards and then still frames, with Crosby saying something like "I never want to go through this feeling again." It was more about the Pens losing, not the Wings winning. Then it got worse in the 09 playoffs as the media and commercials rode the Pens the whole way. Babcock even made a comment about that, saying something along the lines of "You'd think they won the cup already." Then for them to go on and beat us in the final seconds of Game 7, we were quickly an afterthought, like that was any surprise.

Lets not forget the Center Ice commercials during the '09 season where it shows all these clips of the Pens scoring on Osgood. Like they kept showing that first Crosby goal in Game 3 and I was like, "Yay! first goal in 3 games! <roll eyes> Who won that series anyways?" Plus the fact that NHL Network plays "2009 Game 7" and "Penguins 2009 season review" over and over and over and over and... well you get the idea. I always laugh when Pens fans talk as if 2008 never happened. Like the two teams went back in time and replayed the series. lol I can see why they think that though with the way the media is.

I don't really hate Pittsburgh, but that loss in 09 got to me bad, mainly because of the media. Our cup win in 08 just didn't seem like the media thought we deserved it because of that commercial that was aired later on: It showed our players celebrating after the horn sounds our Cup victory, but the attention was quickly directed at Crosby and his teammates looking on from the half boards and then still frames, with Crosby saying something like "I never want to go through this feeling again." It was more about the Pens losing, not the Wings winning.

Is this commercial on youtube or elsewhere online? I haven't seen it, I'd be interested though. Complete BS that the NHL went the "Poor Cindy" route rather than "Congrats Hockeytown."

The Penguins can go suck a syphilitic.......lemon. Yeah, a syphilitic lemon.

I really, really hate them. I'm normally not one to just "hate" someone/some people for arbitrary reasons, but I can't stand them. Everything about them rankles me. He-who-shall-not-be-named is but one reason for my feeling the way I do.

After seeing that video, I hope Crosby makes it to the finals every year for the rest of his career and loses. That's a pathetic, whiny commercial. It's not even like he is saying "I gotta work harder, we have to be better" With fire in his heart. It sounds like he's crying.

I hate the Pens...

I'm probably one of the few who likes MOST of the Blackhawks team, but I HATE their fans. That's the problem with the Hawks. They have a good team, their fans suddenly are hardcore and they're a dynasty...

We are the only remaining dynasty in the NHL. And Bettman hates Detroit because of it. A dynasty represents the failure of his even-ground ideas.