• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Ken Hitchcock coming to Camp

Rate this topic

Id hire him right away if he enjoyed his experience with the wings, I think he would be an excellent eye in the sky, someone who can sit in the stands enjoy the game share his findings in practice with the team and the coach.

I think this is directly related to their team Canada experiences last year. Beauty eh!

lol, can you imaging Hitchcock as our defensive coach? That's like a Redwings wet dream :D

On a serious note, would Holland be the kind of guy who would just fire McCrimmon to bring in Hitch? CuJo/Hasek aside, its just not the Redwings way

Guest Stolberg

In related news, corn dog vendors have already been spotted heading towards Traverse City...

corndog.jpg

is the wings fan on the far left wearing a Williams jersey?

ouch

Love Hitch. The players here in Columbus revolted against him. They work in a country club atmosphere and couldn't handle a blue collar approach to playing (working, it is their job after all). I really wouldn't mind seeing him come here, win a Cup, and get a head coaching job somewhere again and defeat the Jackets in the playoffs. I don't really think that our D needs the drill sergeant type and I don't think that he would be in Hockeytown. He would learn to tone it down and trust his vets a little more and be more well rounded (no pun intended). But, when his future team needed it, Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket) All The Way!!!

Guest Heaten

I always respected Hitchcock as a coach. I personally think the guy is a hockey genius on a level way above most other head coaches in the game. I think his only strike against him is how he treats his players. If he was an assistant coach under Babcock, then I'm sure he'd be more relaxed.

And he said he wants to come to camp to "learn", I think what he means by that is how to handle players more appropriately in the new age. I'm sure his old school methods were fine in the 80s and 90s, but it seems now players need their ego stroked cough*Ovechkin*cough*Crosby*cough.

There is no denying the guy is a hockey genius though.

EDIT: On a side note, I also noticed that redwingcentral scouting reports sometimes have scouting reports from Hitchcock. You can see one of his quotes in Ericsson's profile.

"He reminds me of (Vladimir) Malakhov, the way he plays and the way he skates. He has all of the body language of Vladdie with just his mobility and his ability to be calm with the puck." — Columbus Blue Jackets head coach Ken Hitchcock
Edited by Heaten

The reason his coming here is for Babcock to learn an extra trick or two.

like how to fight crime

Former NHL Coach Helps Stop Shoplifter By Pinning Him Against A Wall

btw found this on wiki...lol

Once while on a car trip with assistant coach Doug Jarvis while they were both coaching for Dallas in the late 90s the two stopped for large coffees and a dozen donuts. Shortly after the stop Doug Jarvis fell asleep when he woke up an hour later Ken Hitchcock had finished all 12 donuts and both of the large coffees.