• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

New Blank Red Wings Jersey

Rate this topic

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Uncle found the deal of the year at a garage sale, an official Reebok blank home Wings jersey, fight strap and all, and gave it to me for a belated birthday or early Christmas present. I doesn't really matter what for, because it's a sweeeet gift!

I already have an Yzerman, Shanahan, and McCarty jersey, and have an idea who I want to get on this new one, but it's always a tough decision. For fun, I want to see who you all think I should get. I like all the Wings, but on the current roster, I'd get one of these 5, so there's no "Other" choice in the voting. After you vote though, feel free to post someone other than these 5.

Edited by Barrie

Guest Crymson

My Uncle found the deal of the year at a garage sale, an official Rebook blank home Wings jersey, fight strap and all, and gave it to me for a belated birthday or early Christmas present. I doesn't really matter what for, because it's a sweeeet gift!

I already have an Yzerman, Shanahan, and McCarty jersey, and have an idea who I want to get on this new one, but it's always a tough decision. For fun, I want to see who you all think I should get. I like all the Wings, but on the current roster, I'd get one of these 5, so there's no "Other" choice in the voting. After you vote though, feel free to post someone other than these 5.

I suggest you choose Zetterberg, as he is the only one of those five who is likely to be on the team in five years. Osgood, Maltby, Draper and Holmstrom will all likely be retired by then.

I suggest you choose Zetterberg, as he is the only one of those five who is likely to be on the team in five years. Osgood, Maltby, Draper and Holmstrom will all likely be retired by then.

Eh Zetterberg jerseys are a dime a dozen. Even though those other guys will be retired in 5 years, they will still all be memorable iconic Red Wings figures for a long time to come. I like the idea of getting a jersey of one of our more unsung heroes.

I would say go with the player that you consider your favorite. That's usually the process I go with when buying a jersey. For me, I would go with a Zetterberg jersey. I still don't have number 40 in red or white. Right now I have a red Yzerman, a white Lidstrom, and a red Datsyuk. I would probably have more, but authentic jersey's aren't cheap, and I hate wearing replicas. My next jersey will be a white Zetterberg. I'm thinking sometime around Christmas time.

Thanks for the votes, I'm going with Holmstrom (probably my favorite Wings after the Yzerman era), but the other 4 crossed my mind, which is why I included them in the poll. I even thought of Helm, but it's to early for me to get his name on a jersey. We'll see though, maybe 10 years from now.

:thumbdown:

With a comment like that, how long have you been a Red Wings fan? Two years?

i would say since 97 then, when i went to my first wings game as a kid. yes he used to be a great roll player, but i think spending the money to put his name on a jersey is kind of ridiculous when there are so many others you could do. if you like the way maltby plays, then why dont you put helm on your jersey. he is 1) young, 2) gonna be on this team for a long time (hopefully), 3) a very likable player with good work ethic.

so yeah, i will speak my mind and say DRAPER AND MALTBY NEED to retire. its time, when you presence in the line-up hurts the teams talent quality, your time has come. and please DO NOT say "well they have a good locker room presence for the young kids"..... cause so does every other veteran on this team... i.e. lidstrom, zetterberg, cleary, osgood, rafalski, holmstrom, kronwall, stuart, datyuk...

i would say since 97 then, when i went to my first wings game as a kid. yes he used to be a great roll player, but i think spending the money to put his name on a jersey is kind of ridiculous when there are so many others you could do. if you like the way maltby plays, then why dont you put helm on your jersey. he is 1) young, 2) gonna be on this team for a long time (hopefully), 3) a very likable player with good work ethic.

so yeah, i will speak my mind and say DRAPER AND MALTBY NEED to retire. its time, when you presence in the line-up hurts the teams talent quality, your time has come. and please DO NOT say "well they have a good locker room presence for the young kids"..... cause so does every other veteran on this team... i.e. lidstrom, zetterberg, cleary, osgood, rafalski, holmstrom, kronwall, stuart, datyuk...

This is the problem with the new generation, no respect for adults. Yes Draper and Maltby are falling fast, but what you fail to realize is the thing that makes this team what it is, is loyalty to veteran players, you take care of them as long as you can and they take care of you, it's why we don't have contract hold outs, it's why our players defer salary. I have several jerseys with retired or aging players, I also have several with new players or prime players. The point is, to say Maltby is in the twilight of his career, and that he won't be around much longer if at all is one thing, to laugh at a person for suggesting they wear his jersey, and saying "he needs" to retire is something entirely different. Have some respect for the players that helped mold the Red Wings into what they are today, because Draper and Maltby were both a big part of that.

This is the problem with the new generation, no respect for adults. Yes Draper and Maltby are falling fast, but what you fail to realize is the thing that makes this team what it is, is loyalty to veteran players, you take care of them as long as you can and they take care of you, it's why we don't have contract hold outs, it's why our players defer salary. I have several jerseys with retired or aging players, I also have several with new players or prime players. The point is, to say Maltby is in the twilight of his career, and that he won't be around much longer if at all is one thing, to laugh at a person for suggesting they wear his jersey, and saying "he needs" to retire is something entirely different. Have some respect for the players that helped mold the Red Wings into what they are today, because Draper and Maltby were both a big part of that.

Right. I'm not interested in getting a jersey of someone who could be here a while, and who could be a great player. When it comes to a jersey, I want someone on the back who you could wear to a game 50 years from now and people know exactly who they are. Depending on their age, they either have instant memories, or remember the stories they've heard or things they've watched.

Last year I bought one of those Granderson Tigers jersey t-shirts and already it's unwearable because of his trade to the Yankees. Good thing I didn't buy an actual jersey!