• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

New Blank Red Wings Jersey

Rate this topic

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks for the votes, I'm going with Holmstrom (probably my favorite Wings after the Yzerman era), but the other 4 crossed my mind, which is why I included them in the poll. I even thought of Helm, but it's to early for me to get his name on a jersey. We'll see though, maybe 10 years from now.

YAY!!! You made the right decision. He's my fav!

i would say since 97 then, when i went to my first wings game as a kid. yes he used to be a great roll player, but i think spending the money to put his name on a jersey is kind of ridiculous when there are so many others you could do. if you like the way maltby plays, then why dont you put helm on your jersey. he is 1) young, 2) gonna be on this team for a long time (hopefully), 3) a very likable player with good work ethic.

so yeah, i will speak my mind and say DRAPER AND MALTBY NEED to retire. its time, when you presence in the line-up hurts the teams talent quality, your time has come. and please DO NOT say "well they have a good locker room presence for the young kids"..... cause so does every other veteran on this team... i.e. lidstrom, zetterberg, cleary, osgood, rafalski, holmstrom, kronwall, stuart, datyuk...

:thumbdown:

i would say since 97 then, when i went to my first wings game as a kid. yes he used to be a great roll player, but i think spending the money to put his name on a jersey is kind of ridiculous when there are so many others you could do. if you like the way maltby plays, then why dont you put helm on your jersey. he is 1) young, 2) gonna be on this team for a long time (hopefully), 3) a very likable player with good work ethic.

so yeah, i will speak my mind and say DRAPER AND MALTBY NEED to retire. its time, when you presence in the line-up hurts the teams talent quality, your time has come. and please DO NOT say "well they have a good locker room presence for the young kids"..... cause so does every other veteran on this team... i.e. lidstrom, zetterberg, cleary, osgood, rafalski, holmstrom, kronwall, stuart, datyuk...

All of those guys you named other than Lidstrom and Homer have less Cup rings than Draper and Maltby. :rolleyes:

I just got the deal of the century on a couple of authentic Wings jerseys. I got a 1997 Nike white authentic, brand new with tags, and a used early 90's era CCM red authentic that's a little rough with some stains around the white stripe on the bottom. Picked up both for $135. I'm definitely going to get Konstantinov on the white Nike. Haven't decided who I'm going to get on the red. Since its "well worn" I'm going to try to clean it up as best I can and use it as my bar/going to the game jersey, since I won't care if beer gets spilled on it.

I just got the deal of the century on a couple of authentic Wings jerseys. I got a 1997 Nike white authentic, brand new with tags, and a used early 90's era CCM red authentic that's a little rough with some stains around the white stripe on the bottom. Picked up both for $135. I'm definitely going to get Konstantinov on the white Nike. Haven't decided who I'm going to get on the red. Since its "well worn" I'm going to try to clean it up as best I can and use it as my bar/going to the game jersey, since I won't care if beer gets spilled on it.

Sweet deal!

FYI, I just took the jersey in to get it done (Holmstrom, if you didn't read in the earlier posts), and both guys working at the store, Sports Obsession in Burlington Ontario, were Red Wings fans :thumbup:. I got a, "Hey here's a smart guy" and "Good choice going with Holmstrom" while putting in the order.

Burlington is 45 minutes south-west of Toronto. Us Red Wings fans are everywhere!

What type of business would one call to get a name and number, etc, put on a blank jersey? How much does it usually cost?

I've had my jerseys done at FanaticU, they have several locations around the Detroit area. They do an excellent job, and the turnaround is pretty quick. http://fanaticu.com

A lot of people like sportsk.com as well.

What type of business would one call to get a name and number, etc, put on a blank jersey? How much does it usually cost?

Most sports stores do it, and mine cost $80. Usually it's more or less based on the amount of letters in the name and amount of numbers. HOLMSTROM 96 on the back and the two 96's on the sleeves isn't cheap!

Most sports stores do it, and mine cost $80. Usually it's more or less based on the amount of letters in the name and amount of numbers. HOLMSTROM 96 on the back and the two 96's on the sleeves isn't cheap!

FanaticU does Red Wings jerseys for a flat rate, I think its around $45. I think they charge a bit more for non-player names, like if you want your own last name on the jersey.

Doh, I just read that you're outside the Detroit area... doh. Sorry Barrie, disregard.

Edited by ACallToArms

FanaticU does Red Wings jerseys for a flat rate, I think its around $45. I think they charge a bit more for non-player names, like if you want your own last name on the jersey.

Doh, I just read that you're outside the Detroit area... doh. Sorry Barrie, disregard.

No worries. I think $80 is high, but apparently it goes to Toronto and it's officially done by people who do NHL jerseys, so the name and numbers are the correct size. I guess saying that they can charge more.

No worries. I think $80 is high, but apparently it goes to Toronto and it's officially done by people who do NHL jerseys, so the name and numbers are the correct size. I guess saying that they can charge more.

Barrie,

You can still get it done at FanaticU you would just have to mail it... Debbie from the Garden City location does mine. They are all autographed and I have had 10 done, all great job.

Barrie,

You can still get it done at FanaticU you would just have to mail it... Debbie from the Garden City location does mine. They are all autographed and I have had 10 done, all great job.

Ah I bet it's to late, I put the order in on Friday. I'm sure my jersey by now has reach it's destination. After I pay shipping to get it to Detroit, it maybe close to $80 total, but thanks anyway.