• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

So, are there any out there worth half a turd? I'll play about anything except bassettbawl at this point. I'd prefer non-EA recommendations, if there even are any, but if that's all there is.. well, I'll look.

Also, is there a good hockey game on the PC newer than EHM 2007 or NHL 2004? Or one in the works?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#2 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

Bimpity bumpity boo?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

#3 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Also, is there a good hockey game on the PC newer than EHM 2007 or NHL 2004? Or one in the works?

Try HC Modded NHL 2004.

http://z6.invisionfr...topic=1864&st=0
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#4 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

I was just about to start a thread about this actually

The mod by flyermania instantly takes 2004 and makes it the best hockey game not on xbox 360 or ps3.

The gameplay is standard computer fair, it's okay but nhl 11 makes it seem outdated

What separates this the little things this guys has put in the game.

I've never been to the Joe so i can't comment. But I have been to the RBC center and let me tell you, spot freaking on.

The players look like the players,

and best of all is the hitting on this game

New physics engine be damned this is the best hitting engine of any game i've ever seen.

You click a joy stick by default and you see the circle under your guy start to glow.

Lining up a guy in center ice is nearly impossible (like in real hockey,..just so you know ea)

But there is nothing more satisfying then lining up Crosby as he goes in the boards and Blowing him up with Kronner.

I actually managed to stalk him to the corner and get him as he turned to go up ice. No canned animations here, Kronner dove into him like he does in the real nhl and popped crybabys lid clean off.

The goals are extremely hard to come by and there no dekeing to speak of but other than,... a very respectable homemade game for pc.

"All hockey players are bi-lingual. We speak English and Profanity" Gordie Howe

#5 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

Try HC Modded NHL 2004.

http://z6.invisionfr...topic=1864&st=0

Already have it. Hence 'newer' :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users