• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Meanest defense in the league

Rate this topic

With rosters slowly taking their shape, its almost time for another year. Now, a mean defense does not necessarily equal a good defense, but Calgary's defense looks fairly mean:

Bouwmeester-Regehr

Pardy-I.White

Giordano-Staios

Sarich

Anaheim's defense is gonna be pretty mean, but overall, mediocre at best:

Lydman-Visnovsky

Mikkelson-Mara

Sutton-Brookbank

Festerling

Thoughts? Any other teams come to mind?

id have to say torontos .. phaneuf . komisarek . shcenn . beauchemin .... finger . kaberle hes not tuff but still big and BRETTTT LEBDA!!! LOL but all n all the top 4 i noted are pretty daym tuff they can all fight n play hard nosed defense n schenn is gonna even get tuffer n tuffer as years go by

As far as Calgary goes, their 7th defenseman will be either Cory Sarich, or Staffan Kronwall, as far as I know. Could be wrong on that, though.

Philadelphia will look something like this:

Pronger-Timmonen

Carle-Mezsaros

O'Donnell-Walker(?)

As far as Calgary goes, their 7th defenseman will be either Cory Sarich, or Staffan Kronwall, as far as I know. Could be wrong on that, though.

Pronger-Timmonen

Carle-Mezsaros

O'Donnell-Walker(?)

Guest CaliWingsNut

If Lilja was still here, we'd have the meanest defense in the NHL by default.

Does that mean we should be worried about SJ?

Pronger-Timmonen

Carle-Mezsaros

O'Donnell-Walker(?)

Pronger-Timmonen

Carle-Mezsaros

O'Donnell-Walker(?)

you're a bit off on the flyers there.

pronger-carle

coburn-timmonen

mezsaros-walker/o'donnell

so you're not basing it on anything that was written or said? i'm just asking because this doesn't make much sense to me. i know sarich is a pylon but i don't see him getting more ice time than pardy or staios, especially the latter.

Can't ever discount Philly just because of Pronger alone. Still one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Pronger is one of those players if you don't have him on your team, you hate him. Remember Chelios before the trade? Wings fans hated him because he was a warrior for the Blackhawks. When he was traded, Wings fans warmed up to him quickly. I am sure if Pronger was here in Detroit, then many fans would be singing a different tune.