• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Pre-Season 9/22 GDT: Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

I don't really want to fuel the fire, but...

I think it's beginning to at least be fair to start considering 'bashing' (opening questioning) Osgood a bit. I don't have a problem admitting when he's good ('08 playoffs), but i think two straight horrendous regular seasons warrants it.

This last season sent me right over the edge. When he was complaining and whining about Babcock and the Wing's defensive support in the media, i had about enough of him. If I'm a correct a 24 year old rookie (whom not many were very high on) stole his job. Nearly every chance he got to start, HE played horrendously. The "well i need to start X amount of games before i can play well" excuse was pitiful. Your a pro Chris, you aren't going to always get those chances.

I get it's the preseason, i'm not jumping over a bridge. But i am getting just a bit tired of seeing 5 goals for the opposing team on the board and being 95% certain I know who's in goal.

3 STANLEY CUPS - NUFF SAID ! AND HE IS THE BACKUP !

As far as Ozzie is concerned, I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope Babs tandems Jimmah and Ozzie just about equally, so Chris's previous excuse of not enough games is quashed. Then, if Ozzie still craps out through to midseason, I think it may be time to start questioning whether we want to keep him around. Yes he's got the rings, but as much of a fan of Osgood as I've been, the longer his funk lasts the more I start to wonder if 08 was his last flash of brilliance before the flame burns out.

Again though, I'm not pulling any nooses tight till at least midseason.

3 STANLEY CUPS - NUFF SAID ! AND HE IS THE BACKUP !

I agree. Osgood should have won 4 cups if the Wings would have taken game 6 or 7, but I digress. The Wings are not losing because of Osgoods play right now. They are losing because the Pens played all their starters. If we had all our starters in, the game would be much different. The Ozzie haters will all pile on the hate bandwagon though.

Whoa, Crosby out? And we didn't even do it? Rad!

Injury?

Guess I'm just trying to find something happy about this game, but it sounds like Bert beat Orpik's ass. For those of you that did manage to see it, I want the gory details! Or, at least I hope there were some to hear about :sly:

Must say I like hearing about Bert taking it personally when his team-mate get cheap shotted.

Edit: Stuck with radio...

Edited by Austrianwing

I agree. Osgood should have won 4 cups if the Wings would have taken game 6 or 7, but I digress. The Wings are not losing because of Osgoods play right now. They are losing because the Pens played all their starters. If we had all our starters in, the game would be much different. The Ozzie haters will all pile on the hate bandwagon though.

Honestly, Ozzie has benefited from A who's who of Hall of Fame Defenseman in Career. We will have a strong Corps this Year, and I think Babcock would like to get 25 Games Out of Ozzy this Year.

Guess I'm just trying to find something happy about this game, but it sounds like Bert beat Orpik's ass. For those of you that did manage to see it, I want the gory details! Or, at least I hope there were some to hear about :sly:

Must say I like hearing about Bert taking it personally when his team-mate get cheap shotted.

Edit: Stuck with radio...

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

I've been preaching the need for Bert to be more physical for a looong time, so I hear you there!

Couple things:

1) It's pre-season. Nobody cares. Yeah, Ozzie should technically be trying to prove himself but this really isn't an indicator of the rest of the season. Look at the team in front of him and the team they're playing against. Malkin and Crosby were both playing and neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg played.

2) I think the WIngs went something like 1-9 in 2002 and then went on to one of the most amazing seasons.

So don't everybody start attacking Ozzie. I can sense some of you have your fingers hovering on the "jump off bandwagon" button already.

For anyone that cares and isn't watching, Boynton threw a knee then got TKO'd in the ensuing fight. Pretty sweet.

What ? For who what where and when ? I love it if it's tonite > IMHO Matt Cooke should have had his a$$ kicked for the Savard Hit - HE WAS THEIR BEST PLAYER ! Joey would have come off of the Bench ! ... Or thrown it !!!

Edited by mwolf13

It's easier to blame and point a finger then it is to realize that THIS is preseason.  We have more than 5 starters not playing tonight. The SOG's are skewed because of it.  Leave preseason where it's supposed to be.  It's an opportunity to let Happy/Mo/Cleary, Ericsson/Salei, and Abs, Ritola, and Lashoff to shine and develop.   So don't jump off any bridge at this point. Unless...you do it quietly. 

been away for a year and nothing changes i see.....

Ozzie still sucks... Shame on a back up!!!

lol okay carry on with your bad ass preseason (game 1 ...team slashed in half) selves :)

Edited by OsGOD