• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Pre-Season 9/22 GDT: Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

What ? For who what where and when ? I love it if it's tonite > IMHO Matt Cooke should have had his a$$ kicked for the Savard Hit - HE WAS THEIR BEST PLAYER ! Joey would have come off of the Bench ! ... Or thrown it !!!

Blackhawks-Lightning game. I didn't even see who he kneed or who he fought, I just kinda caught the replay. I was paying attention to the radio feed.

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

Hey, thank you, I managed to miss that part of the game even on radio :blink:

I just wanted to at least feel confident that I could be happy about Bert whoopin' his ass. I guess even given the 'fog of war' of 'watching' over the radio it sounds like we got one little victory this night :D

Couple things:

1) It's pre-season. Nobody cares. Yeah, Ozzie should technically be trying to prove himself but this really isn't an indicator of the rest of the season. Look at the team in front of him and the team they're playing against. Malkin and Crosby were both playing and neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg played.

2) I think the WIngs went something like 1-9 in 2002 and then went on to one of the most amazing seasons.

So don't everybody start attacking Ozzie. I can sense some of you have your fingers hovering on the "jump off bandwagon" button already.

I agree 100%. There is no need to attack Ozzie - it's only preseason!!! Howard is # 1 and Ozzie will be there when needed.

I was watching B's vs. Habs and was impressed with McGratten, he can really skate, hit and pass. Maybe Holland should have him (instead of Downey) in camp... McQuaid right hand DEF) is the BEAST!!!

Clarification : Aaron was in the Box after the scrap with Boulerice, and all I had was the Pittsburgh Feed at that time - and those guys are worse homers than Ken and Mickey. I would like to see the scrap to judge how bad the "Defeat" was. So Downey could not have pummeled Orpick, because he was in the Box. I think Bert Did a Good Job in His Place, because the Pens Broadcasters were calling it and all I heard was "Bertuzzi landing rights and Orpick not fighting back" - and no follow up comments. So Bert probably stood tall in this scrap. Would you want to Fight him ?

I wasn't talking about Bert.

Guest Heaten

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Helm, Salei and Ritola have made the biggest impacts tonight.

I'm hearing Ritola was one of most dominating forwards on the ice for the Wings. He was strong on the puck and dangled his way to the net numerous times to create chances.

Who gives a s*** about the score, I gotta see the Downey and Bertuzzi fight. Looks like Bert went crazy on Orpik tonight, f***in eh Todd.

Bert going to bat for Franzen like that and completely demolishing Orprick makes it all worth it (well unless Franzen's actually hurt). That kind of thing will bring Bert and Mule closer together as teammates and builds the right atmosphere for the team.

Can some give an update on Franzen? Any word yet?

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen suffered a charley horse Wednesday on a knee-on-thigh hit from Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik during the first period of the Penguins' 5-1 victory in the preseason opener at the Consol Energy Center.

It does not appear to be a long-term injury, as general manager Ken Holland said there was no need for any tests.

"We'll see how it feels tomorrow, if it swells up,'' Holland said. "He's out a few days, for sure.''

http://www.mlive.com...rs_charley.html

Edited by CanadaBoy

Just logged on and checked the recap. Saw this "With a sellout crowd of 18,087 and both teams using much of their "A" lineups, the $321 million arena opened with an almost regular-season intensity." Ummm, on what planet is a Wings team that doesn't dress Lidstrom, Z-bug, Dats, Rafalski, Maltby, Hudler, Draper and Holmstrom "much of their 'A' lineup? Dude, pass that crack pipe over here.

Looks like I need to peruse about 350 posts to figure out how bad the Franzen injury is/was. :(

WELCOME BACK WINGS!

Just logged on and checked the recap. Saw this "With a sellout crowd of 18,087 and both teams using much of their "A" lineups, the $321 million arena opened with an almost regular-season intensity." Ummm, on what planet is a Wings team that doesn't dress Lidstrom, Z-bug, Dats, Rafalski, Maltby, Hudler, Draper and Holmstrom "much of their 'A' lineup? Dude, pass that crack pipe over here.

Looks like I need to peruse about 350 posts to figure out how bad the Franzen injury is/was. :(

WELCOME BACK WINGS!

while i see your point and agree with it, i giggled a bit when i read that maltby is part of our 'A' lineup. dude will be in grand rapids soon; he's not helping you prove your point!