Pre-Season 9/22 GDT: Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#301 mwolf13

mwolf13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

I don't really want to fuel the fire, but...

I think it's beginning to at least be fair to start considering 'bashing' (opening questioning) Osgood a bit. I don't have a problem admitting when he's good ('08 playoffs), but i think two straight horrendous regular seasons warrants it.

This last season sent me right over the edge. When he was complaining and whining about Babcock and the Wing's defensive support in the media, i had about enough of him. If I'm a correct a 24 year old rookie (whom not many were very high on) stole his job. Nearly every chance he got to start, HE played horrendously. The "well i need to start X amount of games before i can play well" excuse was pitiful. Your a pro Chris, you aren't going to always get those chances.

I get it's the preseason, i'm not jumping over a bridge. But i am getting just a bit tired of seeing 5 goals for the opposing team on the board and being 95% certain I know who's in goal.

3 STANLEY CUPS - NUFF SAID ! AND HE IS THE BACKUP !

#302 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Let's just rest Mule for the rest of the pre-season. Let's take no chances here.

Posted Image

#303 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

As far as Ozzie is concerned, I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope Babs tandems Jimmah and Ozzie just about equally, so Chris's previous excuse of not enough games is quashed. Then, if Ozzie still craps out through to midseason, I think it may be time to start questioning whether we want to keep him around. Yes he's got the rings, but as much of a fan of Osgood as I've been, the longer his funk lasts the more I start to wonder if 08 was his last flash of brilliance before the flame burns out.

Again though, I'm not pulling any nooses tight till at least midseason.

#304 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Whoa, Crosby out? And we didn't even do it? Rad!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#305 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

McCollum with no stick, Craig touches puck and.....nothing, i like the sound of that.

#306 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

3 STANLEY CUPS - NUFF SAID ! AND HE IS THE BACKUP !

I agree. Osgood should have won 4 cups if the Wings would have taken game 6 or 7, but I digress. The Wings are not losing because of Osgoods play right now. They are losing because the Pens played all their starters. If we had all our starters in, the game would be much different. The Ozzie haters will all pile on the hate bandwagon though.

Whoa, Crosby out? And we didn't even do it? Rad!

Injury?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#307 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

Guess I'm just trying to find something happy about this game, but it sounds like Bert beat Orpik's ass. For those of you that did manage to see it, I want the gory details! Or, at least I hope there were some to hear about :sly:
Must say I like hearing about Bert taking it personally when his team-mate get cheap shotted.

Edit: Stuck with radio...

Edited by Austrianwing, 22 September 2010 - 08:11 PM.

#308 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

Ouch....

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#309 mwolf13

mwolf13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

[quote name='Nightfall' date='22 September 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1285204220' post='2035633']
I agree. Osgood should have won 4 cups if the Wings would have taken game 6 or 7, but I digress. The Wings are not losing because of Osgoods play right now. They are losing because the Pens played all their starters. If we had all our starters in, the game would be much different. The Ozzie haters will all pile on the hate bandwagon though.

Honestly, Ozzie has benefited from A who's who of Hall of Fame Defenseman in Career. We will have a strong Corps this Year, and I think Babcock would like to get 25 Games Out of Ozzy this Year.

#310 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

[quote
Injury?
[/quote]
Hip flexor
Bettman's a stoop *click* Stoop. Stoop *click click*

#311 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

What happened to Mule?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#312 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

What happened to Mule?

Orpik kneed him (charlie horse, he's okay)
Bert cleaned Orpik's clock.

#313 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

Orpik kneed him (charlie horse, he's okay)
Bert cleaned Orpik's clock.

Cannot wait to see that... :D

#314 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

im off to treat this head cold, im tripping cause i think its 5-1...
oh wait.. it is 5-1.

p.s. why did we get rid of samuelsson? seriously.

Free agency.

#315 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hip flexor

Probably bad form to hope for career ending.....
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#316 mwolf13

mwolf13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Guess I'm just trying to find something happy about this game, but it sounds like Bert beat Orpik's ass. For those of you that did manage to see it, I want the gory details! Or, at least I hope there were some to hear about :sly:
Must say I like hearing about Bert taking it personally when his team-mate get cheap shotted.

Edit: Stuck with radio...

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

#317 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

I've been preaching the need for Bert to be more physical for a looong time, so I hear you there!

#318 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

For anyone that cares and isn't watching, Boynton threw a knee then got TKO'd in the ensuing fight. Pretty sweet.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#319 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Probably bad form to hope for career ending.....

Well, maybe a little. :sly:

#320 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Couple things:

1) It's pre-season. Nobody cares. Yeah, Ozzie should technically be trying to prove himself but this really isn't an indicator of the rest of the season. Look at the team in front of him and the team they're playing against. Malkin and Crosby were both playing and neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg played.

2) I think the WIngs went something like 1-9 in 2002 and then went on to one of the most amazing seasons.

So don't everybody start attacking Ozzie. I can sense some of you have your fingers hovering on the "jump off bandwagon" button already.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.