• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#321 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Helm, Salei and Ritola have made the biggest impacts tonight.

Edited by zombi, 22 September 2010 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#322 mwolf13

mwolf13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

For anyone that cares and isn't watching, Boynton threw a knee then got TKO'd in the ensuing fight. Pretty sweet.

What ? For who what where and when ? I love it if it's tonite > IMHO Matt Cooke should have had his a$$ kicked for the Savard Hit - HE WAS THEIR BEST PLAYER ! Joey would have come off of the Bench ! ... Or thrown it !!!

Edited by mwolf13, 22 September 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#323 w1ng3dLV

w1ng3dLV

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

It's easier to blame and point a finger then it is to realize that THIS is preseason.  We have more than 5 starters not playing tonight. The SOG's are skewed because of it.  Leave preseason where it's supposed to be.  It's an opportunity to let Happy/Mo/Cleary, Ericsson/Salei, and Abs, Ritola, and Lashoff to shine and develop.   So don't jump off any bridge at this point. Unless...you do it quietly. 
"By 1946, I knew Detroit was the best hockey city in the Original Six." - Ted Lindsay

#324 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

I know it's just a pre-season game, but the Wings knew there was a game tonight, right?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#325 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

been away for a year and nothing changes i see.....

Ozzie still sucks... Shame on a back up!!!

lol okay carry on with your bad ass preseason (game 1 ...team slashed in half) selves :)

Edited by OsGOD, 22 September 2010 - 08:36 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#326 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Who gives a s*** about the score, I gotta see the Downey and Bertuzzi fight. Looks like Bert went crazy on Orpik tonight, f***in eh Todd.

#NOMOREKINDL

#327 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

What ? For who what where and when ? I love it if it's tonite > IMHO Matt Cooke should have had his a$$ kicked for the Savard Hit - HE WAS THEIR BEST PLAYER ! Joey would have come off of the Bench ! ... Or thrown it !!!

Blackhawks-Lightning game. I didn't even see who he kneed or who he fought, I just kinda caught the replay. I was paying attention to the radio feed.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#328 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Glad that didn't count.

Hope we have a couple of good games before the season starts.

Edited by syntax, 22 September 2010 - 08:39 PM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#329 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

Well on the plus sides Bertuzzi finally fought like I begged him to so many times last season. And McCollum was 10/10. :thumbup:

Edited by GSBrooks13, 22 September 2010 - 08:40 PM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#330 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

Even though the result sucked (not that it matters), it's soooo good to have hockey back.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#331 mwolf13

mwolf13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

As Joey so famously said to Jim Kite, "I'll be seeing You, in all of those old familiar places" - right before He KO'd Him in the biggest KO in NHL History.... Night Boyz !!

#332 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

I don't think anyone managed to see it - No Tv. I checked th NHL Network. The Pens Homer Broadcasters said the following : "Bertuzzi landing Right after Right, and ... Orpick not really fighting Back ?!" Then Silence after they Raved about Boulerice clubbing Downey and Talked about it for 10 minutes after the fight. Me thinks Bert Made "Mincemeat" out of Brooks. I really believe after the Moore thing, fellow players really fear Bertuzzi - you know affraid he's going to snap again. I was at camp all 4 Days, and the Man is a Beast, He is just a Moose. I don't know why he's not more aggressive all of the time.

Hey, thank you, I managed to miss that part of the game even on radio :blink:
I just wanted to at least feel confident that I could be happy about Bert whoopin' his ass. I guess even given the 'fog of war' of 'watching' over the radio it sounds like we got one little victory this night :D

#333 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

Gator and Salei +1
Kindl, Downey, Ritola, Helm, Ericsson 0
McCollum 10 for 10
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#334 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

Gator and Salei +1
McCollum 10 for 10

McCollum is actually Jiri Hudler in disguise. You can kind of see it if you look closely. Anyway, he's out to prove that size doesn't matter.

#335 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

Couple things:

1) It's pre-season. Nobody cares. Yeah, Ozzie should technically be trying to prove himself but this really isn't an indicator of the rest of the season. Look at the team in front of him and the team they're playing against. Malkin and Crosby were both playing and neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg played.

2) I think the WIngs went something like 1-9 in 2002 and then went on to one of the most amazing seasons.

So don't everybody start attacking Ozzie. I can sense some of you have your fingers hovering on the "jump off bandwagon" button already.

I agree 100%. There is no need to attack Ozzie - it's only preseason!!! Howard is # 1 and Ozzie will be there when needed.
I was watching B's vs. Habs and was impressed with McGratten, he can really skate, hit and pass. Maybe Holland should have him (instead of Downey) in camp... McQuaid right hand DEF) is the BEAST!!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#336 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Practice man, practice. We're talking about practice here man, not the real game, but practice. :)

Edit:

A.I. can do it better than I can

Edited by Barrie, 22 September 2010 - 09:22 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#337 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Gator and Salei +1
McCollum 10 for 10

Flip - 2
Cleary - 2
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#338 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Clarification : Aaron was in the Box after the scrap with Boulerice, and all I had was the Pittsburgh Feed at that time - and those guys are worse homers than Ken and Mickey. I would like to see the scrap to judge how bad the "Defeat" was. So Downey could not have pummeled Orpick, because he was in the Box. I think Bert Did a Good Job in His Place, because the Pens Broadcasters were calling it and all I heard was "Bertuzzi landing rights and Orpick not fighting back" - and no follow up comments. So Bert probably stood tall in this scrap. Would you want to Fight him ?

I wasn't talking about Bert.

#339 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Helm, Salei and Ritola have made the biggest impacts tonight.

I'm hearing Ritola was one of most dominating forwards on the ice for the Wings. He was strong on the puck and dangled his way to the net numerous times to create chances.

#340 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

First game of the pre-season. Ohwell.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman