• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Bert shows some snarl

Rate this topic

I wish I could have seen it, and I wish that there was video from last nights tilt, but the report on TSN and other things I've read, state that Bert took exception to the kneeing on Franzen from Orpik and got a 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct for instantly jumping on him...

If this is the Bert we will see this year, I am ECSTATIC - I don't want him dropping the gloves just to fight, I just want him to play with that snarl that he is capable of when he chooses to, finishing checks, standing up for teammates and just being physical on the opposition... if that ends up being the Bert we see this year, his re-signing will be HUGE

Even if Bert never drops the gloves again this season, the fact that he stood up for a teammate (and apparently beat the living piss out of the guy) should put the fear in opponents for the foreseeable future, no one wants to be on the receiving end of another Steve Moore incident. Either way, I really hope this is a glimpse of a meaner, more aggressive Bert this year, we desperately need that kind of presence. If nothing else then to give him a few free passes for the inevitable bonehead plays, no-look drop passes into space, one-hand-on-the-stick giveaways, bad penalties that we have come to know and loathe from him.

bert and mule = BFF

I know you're kinda being silly, but that would be great for our team... they could both have a great impact on one another and that line could be HUGE with Fil feeding them the puck and those 2 shooting... they appear to have developed a pretty good friendship and that's a great sign for line chemistry...

I expect to see some really good stuff from Bert and Mule on a line this year. They really seemed to click during game 4 of the Shark series resulting in an epic night for Franz. It would be an added bonus if Bert steps up and pounds on guys from time to time, like in this case.

Bert is a beast. Before the incident with Moore, Bert was considered a very gritty, tough forward who could punish you. I think the Moore incident made him gun-shy and hopefully he is finally returning to the earlier badass Bert :thumbup:

Bert is a beast. Before the incident with Moore, Bert was considered a very gritty, tough forward who could punish you. I think the Moore incident made him gun-shy and hopefully he is finally returning to the earlier badass Bert :thumbup:

The negative side of Anger Management classes. :ranting:

So isn't a knee-on-knee a big no-no now with the new rules and all? Orpik was kicked out of the game for it right? Is there going to be any kind of league discipline for Orpik? Should I asked more questions? ? ? ?

esteef

It is interesting to see what the outcome will be... It was the Pens that broke the rule after all. :ph34r:

Aww, I love a good bromance! Ahem, anyway, after this year's lines were announced, I couldn't help but think about whether it'd be better to have Homer or Franzen on the 1st line (off-season ponderings, you know how it goes). Since they're both worthy, I couldn't decide, but if Mule and Bert are going to work together so well, then great! Keep 'em on the same line! Whew, now I don't have to think about it anymore, heh.

On the subject of Bert, I agree with the OP. I don't necessarily want him to start fighting a lot; I'd just like to see him play with a little extra RAWR in his step and take care of business when business really needs to be taken care of, such as yesterday. Good job, Bert!

Guest blueadams

that's great news. doing that in the first pre-season game too...must be something he's been thinking about all summer.

Guest mindfly
]He was glad that Todd Bertuzzi stepped in and pounded Orpik.[/b]

“I didn’t see it, but I heard (about) it,'' Franzen said. "I thanked him after.’’

Said Babcock: "That was great. That’s what you got to do. We’re all in together here and Bert did a good job. Too bad he missed the whole game. Suddenly, we had no Mule and no Bert and we were a little short.’’

Bertuzzi believes a message needed to be sent.

Your teammates are kind of your brotherhood and you stick up for each other,'' Bertuzzi said. "Stuff like that has to be attended to. I think anyone else would have done the same thing.’’

Bert speaks the truth.

Hope Bert or someone does it again.

If it was true that he didn't want to fight because of what he did to Moore (?!), maybe now he'll realize it's OK to flail away for your friends... That serious injury isn't necessarily a part of such defensible action.

If it was true that he didn't want to fight because of what he did to Moore (?!), maybe now he'll realize it's OK to flail away for your friends... That serious injury isn't necessarily a part of such defensible action.

The Moore incident was an unfortunate and freak thing... he didn't mean to break the guys neck I'm sure. Wanted payback for sure but not like that.