• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Bert shows some snarl

Rate this topic

So isn't a knee-on-knee a big no-no now with the new rules and all? Orpik was kicked out of the game for it right? Is there going to be any kind of league discipline for Orpik? Should I asked more questions? ? ? ?

esteef

"After further review, Mr. Bettman determined the Penguins were victims of a racist society, Todd Bertuzzi was a nasty poo-poo head, and Franzen probably deserved it...

then he and the Penguins organization engaged in deep tongue-kissing..."

I can't believe there is no video, SOMEONE must have this...

I don't believe the game was televised. Only video I saw of the game was from what I am guessing is a cell phone camera. It wasn't of this incident though.

I don't believe the game was televised. Only video I saw of the game was from what I am guessing is a cell phone camera. It wasn't of this incident though.

the Downey scrap on hockeyfights.com? that was the first place I went searching for this...

The Moore incident was an unfortunate and freak thing... he didn't mean to break the guys neck I'm sure. Wanted payback for sure but not like that.

I agree with this. I did even when it happened. There are very few players who are really consistently vicious out there. Or consistently stupid. Whichever comes first. :)

Guest Crymson

I have a friend who is a Flyers fan; we always talk on hockey-related matters. We agreed that while Orpik most certainly deserves a suspension for doing such a dangerous and irresponsible thing in a preseason game, we also agreed that there was a major mitigating circumstance: namely, that he's a member of the Penguins.

Sad but true.

Just to make a point off of what a few of you touched on. I really think Bert went through some emotional s*** after that Moore incident. Lets face it- even if you are a badass, you have to feel terrible about being involved in ending someone's career and almost his life. Bert was villianized for a few years later and I think the league also watched him like a hawk, making him out to be the "blind hit assasin". It DID affect his physical presense...how could going through something like that not effect you?

That being said, he has played clean, done his pentance with the league and now he is probably feeling like he can utilize his size and physical game again. Its an aspect of his game that makes him an asset. Good to see Bert going back to the kind of hockey player he can be at his age. I like Bert in Detroit and supported his return but my respect level just went up a notch or two.

Thumbs up Big Bert

Just to make a point off of what a few of you touched on. I really think Bert went through some emotional s*** after that Moore incident. Lets face it- even if you are a badass, you have to feel terrible about being involved in ending someone's career and almost his life. Bert was villianized for a few years later and I think the league also watched him like a hawk, making him out to be the "blind hit assasin". It DID affect his physical presense...how could going through something like that not effect you?

That being said, he has played clean, done his pentance with the league and now he is probably feeling like he can utilize his size and physical game again. Its an aspect of his game that makes him an asset. Good to see Bert going back to the kind of hockey player he can be at his age. I like Bert in Detroit and supported his return but my respect level just went up a notch or two.

Thumbs up Big Bert

It was kind of easy for me to look past the Moore incident when he came to the Wings, although I'm obviously biased. Maybe I'm also an intrinsically bad person.

By the way, who is that in your avatar?

It was kind of easy for me to look past the Moore incident when he came to the Wings, although I'm obviously biased. Maybe I'm also an intrinsically bad person.

By the way, who is that in your avatar?

Thats me in my avatar...well, a picture of me...Its a little small for me to fit in to that box