• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingmachine

Hit on Franzen worthy of suspension

Rate this topic

I say take Orpik out, because I'm a die hard Red Wings fan, and the mule has always been one of my favorites. That being said I didn't get a good look at the hit, and as far as I've searched have not found a replay. I can say, though, that I wished that "hip injury" Cindy sustained, which I'm sure was a minor bruise, would have took him out for the season.

I like Babcock calling the league out a tiny bit there with the quote about "The league wouldn't be happy if we did that to...(Crybaby) or (Big Nose)"

I'm pretty sure by "they" he meant the Penguins, not the league.

We should end Crosby's season in response and start a proper rivalry. No I'm not kidding.

That's very mature... Come on, nobody should ever try to intentionally injure another player... period... Even if it's Sydney Crosby or Brooks Orpik. That kind of behavior is reprehensible. Now a good beatdown on the ice... or perhaps Kronwall lining him up some day... That's hockey.

Didn't Bertuzzi already go after him and give him a good thrashing? If an opportunity presents itself, go ahead and thrash Orpik again with good hard hits, but don't go out of your way and get a penalty again for hitting him or fighting him again.

The headline on ESPN for the game reads this:

Crosby leads Pens before leaving with hip injury

That is why they are a joke when it comes to hockey.

"With a sellout crowd of 18,087 and both teams using much of their "A" lineups, the $321 million arena opened with an almost regular-season intensity."

Much of their "A" lineups? Err, we were missing Hudler, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, and played Ozzie in net.

That's not really our "A" lineup. :rolleyes:

"With a sellout crowd of 18,087 and both teams using much of their "A" lineups, the $321 million arena opened with an almost regular-season intensity."

Much of their "A" lineups? Err, we were missing Hudler, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, and played Ozzie in net.

That's not really our "A" lineup. :rolleyes:

I laughed when I saw that. We were also missing Lidstrom, Kronwall, and Rafalski on defense.

so there is absolutely NO video? i find this crazy. you know those dense pens fans were recording it with their phones.

however, orpik broke the rules and thats baaad so the play cant ever been seen again. heaven forbid the pens get caught cheating <_<

Edited by RedWingskiddo

Guest Crymson

I really want to see a replay before I call for the head of Orpik.

But I say just put the play in the back of your head, and get the revenge down the road if it deserves it that is.

The fact that he got a five-minute major and a game misconduct is, in my opinion, sufficient evidence.

Edited by Crymson

The fact that he got a five-minute major and a game misconduct is, in my opinion, sufficient evidence.

I've seen some bad knee on knees only get a 2 minute(Ovechkin on Gonchar), and I've seen some clean hits get a game misconduct (Kronwall on Havlat).

Just saying it was a 5 minute major doesn't automatically mean it's a horrible and completely dirty play.

It wouldn't surprise me, because Orpik is a douchebag but I still want to see a video before I call for his head.

This kind of crap just shouldn't happen in the preseason. Period.

About this time last year, I was watching on TV as Kyle Okposo (I think it was him) was carried out of the Saddledome in Calgary on a stretcher, after Phaneuf laid him out like it was the playoffs. In that case, Okposo had his head down and it was a legal hit, but in my mind there's no excuse for patently dangerous plays in a meaningless game.

I'm very happy that Bertuzzi got in there and gave Orpik the business.

For most people who say the refereeing is terrible, they wouldn't be so quick to judge if it was called against a Red Wing player.

Just sayin....

I didn't see any video of the situation. Until I see a video, I am not going to draw a conclusion. The league will handle it the right way I am sure.