• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingmachine

Hit on Franzen worthy of suspension

Rate this topic

funny co incidence on this one.

Remember when Franzen took out Crosby in the playoffs in game 7? Think this hit has anything to do with getting even?

Im not saying, but it is an interesting opportunity to get even and not get reprimanded as there was no video proof. How convenient!

funny co incidence on this one.

Remember when Franzen took out Crosby in the playoffs in game 7? Think this hit has anything to do with getting even?

Im not saying, but it is an interesting opportunity to get even and not get reprimanded as there was no video proof. How convenient!

Hey, even if there was video proof, remember that FS Pittsburgh now has a history of covering things up (a goal last season that should have counted against the Pens, FSP withheld a vital camera angle from Toronto), so it wouldn't have mattered.

The fact that he got a five-minute major and a game misconduct is, in my opinion, sufficient evidence.

That's what I am saying!...On a side note Bert getting in there is a freaking good sign as well, I think he really loves this team so that's AWESOME for us, Ol' Bert mite be backgoal.gif

I really want to see a replay before I call for the head of Orpik.

But I say just put the play in the back of your head, and get the revenge down the road if it deserves it that is.

You are aware there are no replays, otherwise, you would jus take your classic route. Like a classis stuff in the background "boo-boo-boo"... "Crosby is good and he never cries, Orpik is big and he never thinks, Malkin is god and.... boo-boo-boo, boo-boo-boo"

You are aware there are no replays, otherwise, you would jus take your classic route. Like a classis stuff in the background "boo-boo-boo"... "Crosby is good and he never cries, Orpik is big and he never thinks, Malkin is god and.... boo-boo-boo, boo-boo-boo"

:lol:

Snap.

Guest scottj

apparently because of what franzen did to crosby in game 7 of 09 this doesn't matter... because that hit was way worse than the one that nobody has seen of orpik's

apparently franzen is the league's biggest *****

these opinions brought to you by letsgopens.com

letsgoPENS.com

87but franzen's the biggest pussy87

Edited by scottj

apparently because of what franzen did to crosby in game 7 of 09 this doesn't matter... because that hit was way worse than the one that nobody has seen of orpik's

apparently franzen is the league's biggest *****

these opinions brought to you by letsgopens.com

letsgoPENS.com

87but franzen's the biggest pussy87

Psh... They can say whatever they want. They have Matt Cooke on their team. That guy is an embarrassment not just to the game but to humanity as well.

And again, we're talking about a city that showed overwhelming support for a friggin rapist.

What are the odds that Orpik will play (yeah like he is going to get some kind of suppesion) in the final pre-season game? The classless Pens organization will get another pass again due to another classless individual that runs the league.

What are the odds that Orpik will play (yeah like he is going to get some kind of suppesion) in the final pre-season game? The classless Pens organization will get another pass again due to another classless individual that runs the league.

No way he's getting suspended. Boynton gets suspended for a gesture that wasn't even a 'throat slash' gesture (it was more of a 'cut it out/knock it off' gesture) and Orpik blatantly attempts to injure a guy in a spot where he was injured last season (and I don't care if there's no video, the Pens have a history of this cheap shot garbage, all starting with Cooke) and not a peep from the league. Are we really surprised though?

This kind of crap just shouldn't happen in the preseason. Period.

About this time last year, I was watching on TV as Kyle Okposo (I think it was him) was carried out of the Saddledome in Calgary on a stretcher, after Phaneuf laid him out like it was the playoffs. In that case, Okposo had his head down and it was a legal hit, but in my mind there's no excuse for patently dangerous plays in a meaningless game.

I'm very happy that Bertuzzi got in there and gave Orpik the business.

I do agree with your post, however I do expect things like this to happen even more in the preseason, only because guys are playing for jobs. Even Phaneuf! Dion is a great player, but he is not Lidstrom status and we all know what Darryl Sutter can do to players that take shifts off! My not saying guys should take runs at each other, but this is their job on the line as well. Just sayin!!

The thing that makes this even worse is that the knee-on-knee rule is one of the ones the league has specifically said they are going to strictly enforce this year, along with the throat slashing type gestures as demonstrated by a quick suspension of Boynton. None of the media outlets even had that "infraction" on their radar until the suspension happened. EVERY media outlet is reporting the Orpik cheapshot yet we hear nothing from the league about it. Not even that they are looking into it or anything. This is how the bias for Pittsburgh s*** gets started.

esteef

Update: exactly what I'm talking about right here.:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a2y/comments/well_gary1/

Edited by esteef

Guest scottj

I hear serious Moore talk every time Bertuzzi does anything of note, whether it be physical or scoring a nice shootout goal.

lol... so ******* true

Guest Heaten

It seems to be the big debate whether the hit was intentional or not. I don't think that should matter. When Knees are involved, it should be an automatic suspension. Sometimes players unintentionally shoot the puck over the glass and it's still a delay of game penalty despite being unintentional. Same standards should apply to knee on knee. Hopefully that would make players play more conscious on the ice.

Bumping this thread because I watched Game 6 of the 2008 finals last night, just.....because :)

And I don't know if anyone remembered it last week, but Orpik put Helm out of game 6.......with a knee-on-knee hit. He also gave Flip a smack in the chops after he scored the 2nd goal, but thats not as relevant as the fact that the guy has previous.

Bumping this thread because I watched Game 6 of the 2008 finals last night, just.....because :)

And I don't know if anyone remembered it last week, but Orpik put Helm out of game 6.......with a knee-on-knee hit. He also gave Flip a smack in the chops after he scored the 2nd goal, but thats not as relevant as the fact that the guy has previous.

Still not shocked that he got away with it, even being a repeat offender. Bunch of pricks on that team.