• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

I really want to see a replay before I call for the head of Orpik.

But I say just put the play in the back of your head, and get the revenge down the road if it deserves it that is.

The fact that he got a five-minute major and a game misconduct is, in my opinion, sufficient evidence.

Edited by Crymson, 23 September 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#22 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

The fact that he got a five-minute major and a game misconduct is, in my opinion, sufficient evidence.

I've seen some bad knee on knees only get a 2 minute(Ovechkin on Gonchar), and I've seen some clean hits get a game misconduct (Kronwall on Havlat).

Just saying it was a 5 minute major doesn't automatically mean it's a horrible and completely dirty play.

It wouldn't surprise me, because Orpik is a douchebag but I still want to see a video before I call for his head.

#23 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

This kind of crap just shouldn't happen in the preseason. Period.

About this time last year, I was watching on TV as Kyle Okposo (I think it was him) was carried out of the Saddledome in Calgary on a stretcher, after Phaneuf laid him out like it was the playoffs. In that case, Okposo had his head down and it was a legal hit, but in my mind there's no excuse for patently dangerous plays in a meaningless game.

I'm very happy that Bertuzzi got in there and gave Orpik the business.

#24 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

For most people who say the refereeing is terrible, they wouldn't be so quick to judge if it was called against a Red Wing player.

Just sayin....

I didn't see any video of the situation. Until I see a video, I am not going to draw a conclusion. The league will handle it the right way I am sure.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#25 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

To my understanding it may be difficult to see a video as to my knowledge the game was not televised.

#26 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

We should end Crosby's season in response and start a proper rivalry. No I'm not kidding.

Hell's yah!!! :ranting:

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#27 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

This kind of crap just shouldn't happen in the preseason. Period.

This crap (knee-on-knee especially) shouldn't happen ANY time. It's a cheap, cowards move. Orpik should be sitting as many games as Franzen is out.

#28 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

funny co incidence on this one.

Remember when Franzen took out Crosby in the playoffs in game 7? Think this hit has anything to do with getting even?

Im not saying, but it is an interesting opportunity to get even and not get reprimanded as there was no video proof. How convenient!

#29 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

funny co incidence on this one.

Remember when Franzen took out Crosby in the playoffs in game 7? Think this hit has anything to do with getting even?

Im not saying, but it is an interesting opportunity to get even and not get reprimanded as there was no video proof. How convenient!

Hey, even if there was video proof, remember that FS Pittsburgh now has a history of covering things up (a goal last season that should have counted against the Pens, FSP withheld a vital camera angle from Toronto), so it wouldn't have mattered.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#30 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

That's what I am saying!...On a side note Bert getting in there is a freaking good sign as well, I think he really loves this team so that's AWESOME for us, Ol' Bert mite be backPosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

...Must... Destroy... Gutless ******...

#32 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

I really want to see a replay before I call for the head of Orpik.

But I say just put the play in the back of your head, and get the revenge down the road if it deserves it that is.

You are aware there are no replays, otherwise, you would jus take your classic route. Like a classis stuff in the background "boo-boo-boo"... "Crosby is good and he never cries, Orpik is big and he never thinks, Malkin is god and.... boo-boo-boo, boo-boo-boo"
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#33 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:58 PM

You are aware there are no replays, otherwise, you would jus take your classic route. Like a classis stuff in the background "boo-boo-boo"... "Crosby is good and he never cries, Orpik is big and he never thinks, Malkin is god and.... boo-boo-boo, boo-boo-boo"

:lol:

Snap.

#34 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

apparently because of what franzen did to crosby in game 7 of 09 this doesn't matter... because that hit was way worse than the one that nobody has seen of orpik's

apparently franzen is the league's biggest *****

these opinions brought to you by letsgopens.com

letsgoPENS.com

87but franzen's the biggest pussy87

Edited by scottj, 24 September 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:57 AM

apparently because of what franzen did to crosby in game 7 of 09 this doesn't matter... because that hit was way worse than the one that nobody has seen of orpik's

apparently franzen is the league's biggest *****

these opinions brought to you by letsgopens.com

letsgoPENS.com

87but franzen's the biggest pussy87

Psh... They can say whatever they want. They have Matt Cooke on their team. That guy is an embarrassment not just to the game but to humanity as well.

And again, we're talking about a city that showed overwhelming support for a friggin rapist.

#36 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

k good point

I probably shouldn't go to that site anymore lol

#37 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

Some good memories I have of Brooks Orpik are that "incredible" shift where he had like 5 or 6 hits in a row but the Wings still had the puck.

Edited by titanium2, 24 September 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#38 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

What are the odds that Orpik will play (yeah like he is going to get some kind of suppesion) in the final pre-season game? The classless Pens organization will get another pass again due to another classless individual that runs the league.

#39 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:29 AM

What are the odds that Orpik will play (yeah like he is going to get some kind of suppesion) in the final pre-season game? The classless Pens organization will get another pass again due to another classless individual that runs the league.

No way he's getting suspended. Boynton gets suspended for a gesture that wasn't even a 'throat slash' gesture (it was more of a 'cut it out/knock it off' gesture) and Orpik blatantly attempts to injure a guy in a spot where he was injured last season (and I don't care if there's no video, the Pens have a history of this cheap shot garbage, all starting with Cooke) and not a peep from the league. Are we really surprised though?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#40 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

http://detnews.com/a...0386/1128/rss16
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca