• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Red wings ink Parkes to three-year entry-level deal

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly
The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Trevor Parkes to a three-year entry-level deal according to the Canadian newspaper chain Agency QMI.

The 19-year-old right-winger had 27 goals and 20 assists for 47 points in 66 games with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Montreal Juniors last season and came to training camp in Traverse City as a free agent tryout.

Parkes, a 6-foot-1 180-pounder, had a good camp and the Red Wings think his style of play projects well in the pros, especially if he matures and adds about 20 pounds of muscle.

"He's a guy that's a bit of a work in progress," Red Wings general manager said at the end of training camp. "He's a tall rangy gangly kid that doesn't have any strength but he's got good hands and he has a nose for the net."

Parkes had an assist in three intrasquad games at the main camp. He added two goals and eight shots in four games at the annual NHL prospects tournament.

http://redwingscentral.com/stories/2010_09/23_Parkes.php

Whaaaaaa? Another Canadian kid?! Nice. This makes me happy. Just hope they all pan out now starting with Smith, the Ferraro kid, then Sheahan... round that out with a few good Yankee in Callahan and McCollum and I like the transformation! Better balance of NA and Euro styles are in the future!

Guest mindfly

Whaaaaaa? Another Canadian kid?! Nice. This makes me happy. Just hope they all pan out now starting with Smith, the Ferraro kid, then Sheahan... round that out with a few good Yankee in Callahan and McCollum and I like the transformation! Better balance of NA and Euro styles are in the future!

I agree, detroit needs more NA spirit.