• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

An absolute steal...

Rate this topic

What's funny is that was just a gesture to "cut it out" lmao not "I'm going to cut your head off" ty Bettman for another screwed up season. I hope this isn't how this season is going to be, a suspension for a normal gesture while a penguin takes out a player with his knee. You can tell that the Pens are still the boss' pet team.

Guest Crymson

HAH!!!! So this guy gets a suspension within one day for this little act but nothing has been mentioned from the NHL about Orpik's knee-to-knee hit. Nice priorities NHL. <_<

Andrew Peters was once ejected from a game for mimicking a golf swing towards an opposing player.

Andrew Peters was once ejected from a game for mimicking a golf swing towards an opposing player.

That would of been like Yzerman or Domi getting kicked for doing the belt thing.

In a way I can understand for not wanting players to do that sort of taunting but to suspend someone for it, ridiculous.

I would love to hear Buttman's reason of not looking into the knee hit. Hell even the Pens coach said that stuff like that should not be in the game so you know it had to be somewhat obvious. Maybe lack of video replay? Ooh that's right Franzen wasn't injured so no need for suspension, keep doing it until someone gets hurt then respond.

Edited by dragonballgtz

What's funny is that was just a gesture to "cut it out" lmao not "I'm going to cut your head off" ty Bettman for another screwed up season. I hope this isn't how this season is going to be, a suspension for a normal gesture while a penguin takes out a player with his knee. You can tell that the Pens are still the boss' pet team.

If you watch the video of Boynton skating to the box when he gave the 'throat slashing' gesture, you can clearly see him mouth the words, "Hey you, you're f*#@ing dead!" I don't think it was a friendly or sarcastic gesture. Still doesn't make sense to let Orpik run around taking out guys' legs though.

Edited by Lifelong Wings Fan

If you watch the video of Boynton skating to the box when he gave the 'throat slashing' gesture, you can clearly see him mouth the words, "Hey you, you're f*#@ing dead!" I don't think it was a friendly or sarcastic gesture. Still doesn't make sense to let Orpik run around taking out guys' legs though.

I feel like there's not enough traffic on LGW right now and so I'm going to post a video that may or may not instigate some irrationality. This is my little experiment to see if it's any fun to be like a Carmen or an Eva on here.

@ 1:46 - "You're ******* dead!"

Did he get suspended? Nooo, of course not. Discuss. :P

I feel like there's not enough traffic on LGW right now and so I'm going to post a video that may or may not instigate some irrationality. This is my little experiment to see if it's any fun to be like a Carmen or an Eva on here.

@ 1:46 - "You're ******* dead!"

Did he get suspended? Nooo, of course not. Discuss. :P

lmao whats criesbitch gonna do?

Reminds me of this

Guest scottj

LOL i love how crosby gets hit in the stomach with a stick n keels over like it's a natural reaction or something...

ohmygoditshockeyactlikeamanwut?

Or gets tapped in the back of the leg and acts like someone just gunned him down with a machine gun?

One of my best friends is a huge Pens fan and any time he gets a little too heated with the "87 is God" talk I post this up for him and he calms down.

It NEVER gets old.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is worth a suspension? They're hockey players, not tiddly-wink champions. Whatever. <_<

I think this is more directly related to fans than anything else. Certainly don't want kids watching guys pretend to slash each others necks even if it is pretend. I mean what's next, pretending to hump each others mamas?

esteef

Guest Heaten

I think this is more directly related to fans than anything else. Certainly don't want kids watching guys pretend to slash each others necks even if it is pretend. I mean what's next, pretending to hump each others mamas?

esteef

Pretty much this. But then again, most of those kids probably play Grand Theft Auto on Xbox... what is a throat slash in comparison? Then again, fighting isn't banned, so I guess throat cutting gesture is bad and fighting is good. Typical double standards. The gesture doesn't bother me and I still let my kid watch hockey to this day. And no my daughter doesn't play Grand Theft Auto.

Instead of the league making stupid rules about "throat cutting", they should have used the energy to train the refs on how to communicate better with each other and admit when they make a bad call on the ice.

Edited by Heaten